Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
highkick09
highkick09
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 3,980, Level: 40 Points: 3,980, Level: 40 Points: 3,980, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Twisted
highkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributor
Default HK Calorie questions Cutting & bulking & etc

ok I found out that i am have 10 percent bodyfat using bodyfat calipers. I did it on 3 body fat sites & then just one & repeated 10 times just to make sure i am right lol.

method 1
Turns out my LBM is 135 pounds now x 16 then x acvitiy level 1.55(3-5 days) in which i think im the next level because i train 6 days. = 3348 calories x o.2 for my 20 percent of my calories is

method 2
or the other one that mointors my age, height & pounds (how much i weigh but i weighed only my lbm in it) & activity level which came to 2638 and 20 percent of this is

2105 I think this is my most accurate compared to the other one?

now I have ate 1850 calories today is this ok?

this week
coming in i will be maintaining my calories which one should i follow?

Bulking do i bulk x my LBM & not my total body weight

advice greatly appreciated

trying to get as serious as possible finally off topic does anyone ever feel at times?

Q.1
I was invited out tonight i didnt bother because the whole way of trying to eat when i am out & stress of not getting enough sleep & unable to weigh out my food. I declined but then regret it. GF invited me out to dinner & with her friends because being around all them & me having different diet i didnt want to make trouble in the restaurant.

Finally i do not like going out anymore i prefer sitting in with a meal with my gf, or reading a book.

If any one recommends any good nutrition,motivational books be great to.

I currently like munching on these books.

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
BigFiveFive
BigFiveFive
is getting huge-er-er
White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

Sooo wait a minute, youre trying to bulk and you chose not to go out to eat?

Dude, go squat, take a shower and go out to eat and make a good choice at the restaurant, im not telling you to go eat garbage, just make a good choice on the menu.

Get your Fixx at the Muscle and Strength store!
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/sto...e-science.html

Or our online store!
www.advancedmusclescience.com

Don't talk about it, Be about it
!

TEAM THOR!
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #3
dmaipa
dmaipa
focused and ready
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Inspired
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

what the guy above said. there are always something you can eat when you go out, especially when you are trying to gain muscle. that is your goal right?

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2011, 05:31 AM   #4
highkick09
highkick09
has no status.
Max Brawn

highkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributor

no, you got me wrong I am curious to know when bulking do you times your LBM & activity level then raise it 500 calories or your whole body weight?

also which method do you find the most useful on which i have stated:

Method 1? Method 2?

Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #5
bamazav
bamazav
Dog House Training, home of the Walker Dips!Geezers Rule!
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,043, Level: 96 Points: 26,043, Level: 96 Points: 26,043, Level: 96
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
My Mood: Amazed
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by highkick09 View Post
ok I found out that i am have 10 percent bodyfat using bodyfat calipers. I did it on 3 body fat sites & then just one & repeated 10 times just to make sure i am right lol.

method 1
Turns out my LBM is 135 pounds now x 16 then x acvitiy level 1.55(3-5 days) in which i think im the next level because i train 6 days. = 3348 calories x o.2 for my 20 percent of my calories is

method 2
or the other one that mointors my age, height & pounds (how much i weigh but i weighed only my lbm in it) & activity level which came to 2638 and 20 percent of this is

2105 I think this is my most accurate compared to the other one?

now I have ate 1850 calories today is this ok?

this week
coming in i will be maintaining my calories which one should i follow?

Bulking do i bulk x my LBM & not my total body weight

advice greatly appreciated

trying to get as serious as possible finally off topic does anyone ever feel at times?

Q.1
I was invited out tonight i didnt bother because the whole way of trying to eat when i am out & stress of not getting enough sleep & unable to weigh out my food. I declined but then regret it. GF invited me out to dinner & with her friends because being around all them & me having different diet i didnt want to make trouble in the restaurant.

Finally i do not like going out anymore i prefer sitting in with a meal with my gf, or reading a book.

If any one recommends any good nutrition,motivational books be great to.

I currently like munching on these books.
Your question is not real clear. Are you looking for maintenance numbers, bulk numbers, cut numbers? Keep this in mind. The formulas and calculators are all based on perceived averages. They are not accurate for everyone, they only get you in the ball park. IMHO, the best way to find out your maintenance is to take one of the estimates and run it for a week or two. If you gain or lose during that time, adjust accordingly. On paper my TDEE to maintain is 2960 cals. I have found that my real TDEE is closer to 2500. It took some experimenting to lock it down.

2014 100%RAW American Challenge, May 31, 2014:
Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR
Total - 843 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2011, 10:11 AM   #6
highkick09
highkick09
has no status.
Max Brawn

Sorry for the confusion actually looking for all 3.
Cutting
Maintaining
Bulking.

Looking for all these numbers. thanks for the advice so far

Share with Facebook