Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:29 PM   #11
BigFiveFive
BigFiveFive
is getting huge-er-er
White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

Nothing says you need to get 500g of carbs man, thats an insane amount to begin with, just listen to your body and how it responds to the carbs you eat. If youre not hungry, dont eat, if you feel full and look full then stop eating so many carbs.

And man, stop stressing about what kind of carbs, like I said eat your "cheat" foods in the first 2 meals, then complex carbs for the rest. It sounds to me like you need a list of complex carbs, because all this gibberish about pasta, stensils (wtf?) lentils, beans and peas and shit isnt making any sense. You know what a sweet potato is kid? Eat them, 6g of carbs per 1oz.

Here:
Carbohydrates:

Sweet potatoes.
Oat meal, oat bran, oat bran cereal (i.e. cheerios).
Bran cereal.
Brown rice.
Wheat bread (try to limit to 2 slices per day).
Beans.
Low fat popcorn (low fat butter spray makes this a delicacy).
Fruits (limit to 2-3 servings per day).
Malto dextrin (during workout).
Dextrose (during workout)
Vegetables.
Stay away from refined grains and anything that says “enriched” or “high fructose corn syrup” on the label!

Get your Fixx at the Muscle and Strength store!
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/sto...e-science.html

Or our online store!
www.advancedmusclescience.com

Don't talk about it, Be about it
!

TEAM THOR!
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #12
highkick09
highkick09
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 3,980, Level: 40 Points: 3,980, Level: 40 Points: 3,980, Level: 40

My Mood: Twisted
highkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributor

just worried lyle mcdonald who been known as GOD of CKD recommends 4g per bodyweight if following a ckd which i am. I was just thinking of eating lentils, & etc for carb load as i been CKD for 2 weeks with no carbs lol.

Share with Facebook
Old 05-28-2011, 07:32 PM   #13
wesrman
wesrman
has not a status.
Max Brawn
Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41

Fav Exercise: Chin Ups
My Mood: Inspired
wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

You could always ask Lyle. If he doesnt answer im sure someone on one of his forums will be able to help.

Share with Facebook
Old 05-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #14
Chillen
Chillen
Current Pic/Nov 30th, 2012: Rocken Lean
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by highkick09 View Post
ok, making it quick. I have been on CKD now for 2 weeks and Lyle Recommends a 24-36 hour refeed. which makes me think i could start tonight but then again i kept a ckd diet today.

here is WHAT I REALLY NEED TO KNOW NOW!

should i have a 1 day refeed tomorrow (500-600g carbs) which some people recommend or one cheat meal tomorrow night which consists of this one meal 500g (not allowed to exceed)

finally. people do not mention can you eat crap on this refeed or am i safer sticking to pastas ( wholewheat with sauce), lentils etc

please let me know it is causing me a headache not getting a clear answer.
Some questions bro.

When you say you followed CKD, what does this mean? In truth it means nothing to me. I know nothing what YOU actually did. Some write that they followed this and that, only to learn that they changed things on the fly, and its not what it seems.

For example:

1. How long were you on CKD (check 2 weeks)

2. How many calories, and macros ingested in these calories. Most noteably Carbohydrate grams eaten, and how high were your protein and fat grams.

3. Did you perform any depletion weight training sessions or any type training during this time.

4. When did (or have you) experienced and side effects (during training) or during the time out of training when your glucose started to deplete. Some think that if PT and FT are at high enough (or where they ought to be with the calories consumed) that side effects will not occur, this is NOT the case for everyone-despite the PT and FT grams.

These example questions (IMO) are important to learn whether (currently) you are infact in a carbohydrate/glucose depleted state and whether the body has made the switch in fuel sources, and the impending re-feed where a large amount of carbohydrate calories are dominant (will theoretically) be used (at first) to refill glucose storage. Even if you are depleted (partially) the body will use the initial carbohydrate calories consumed for refill, but it could take less than 48 hours (dependant).

However, if you are NOT depleted at all (which is one of my points), advising you to eat marginally over Maintenance with a large amount of carbohydrates (aimed at refilling when there is "basically" nothing to refill) will be erroneous advice in my humble opinion.

Therefore lay out the plan you followed in detail, and we can give more detailed advice. I would hate to advise you (and assume you are depleted) to eat a number of calories and carbohydrate grams without knowing (at least in text) that you could be in a depleted state and you get frustrated with the result that the 48 hours could bring---especially with the amount of calories one can (individually particular) consume when depleted.

A side note: Remember my friend, whenever you decide to partake in a dietary or training program---STUDY it from beginning to end...before commencement.

ROCK ON! And, Peace brother. Look forward to your post, have a great day.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 05-28-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Chillen is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-29-2011, 04:49 AM   #15
highkick09
highkick09
has no status.
Max Brawn

highkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributor
Default questions answered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitality! View Post
Some questions bro.

When you say you followed CKD, what does this mean? In truth it means nothing to me. I know nothing what YOU actually did. Some write that they followed this and that, only to learn that they changed things on the fly, and its not what it seems.

For example:

1. How long were you on CKD (check 2 weeks)

13 days & today for refeed (used ECA)

2. How many calories, and macros ingested in these calories. Most noteably Carbohydrate grams eaten, and how high were your protein and fat grams.

maintence calories (including acivity) 3198 calories - 20% (x 0.2 and takeaway from total calories, but i did eat between 2000-2300 calories)

3. Did you perform any depletion weight training sessions or any type training during this time.

I train 6 days a week (with 30 -45 minutes cardio everyday & L.I.T RPM 120-130

4. When did (or have you) experienced and side effects (during training) or during the time out of training when your glucose started to deplete. Some think that if PT and FT are at high enough (or where they ought to be with the calories consumed) that side effects will not occur, this is NOT the case for everyone-despite the PT and FT grams.

I did get light headed a bit but after third day it was gone & I used ECA which helped me significantly

These example questions (IMO) are important to learn whether (currently) you are infact in a carbohydrate/glucose depleted state and whether the body has made the switch in fuel sources, and the impending re-feed where a large amount of carbohydrate calories are dominant (will theoretically) be used (at first) to refill glucose storage. Even if you are depleted (partially) the body will use the initial carbohydrate calories consumed for refill, but it could take less than 48 hours (dependant).

Keto sticks, pea & breath confirm it & i am doing it in 24 hours

However, if you are NOT depleted at all (which is one of my points), advising you to eat marginally over Maintenance with a large amount of carbohydrates (aimed at refilling when there is "basically" nothing to refill) will be erroneous advice in my humble opinion.

Therefore lay out the plan you followed in detail, and we can give more detailed advice. I would hate to advise you (and assume you are depleted) to eat a number of calories and carbohydrate grams without knowing (at least in text) that you could be in a depleted state and you get frustrated with the result that the 48 hours could bring---especially with the amount of calories one can (individually particular) consume when depleted.

A side note: Remember my friend, whenever you decide to partake in a dietary or training program---STUDY it from beginning to end...before commencement.

ROCK ON! And, Peace brother. Look forward to your post, have a great day.
hope this all helps & was wondering when they say eat at maintence calories do they mean just your BMR level or including your activity levels?

help bro all the way

this morning had a
yogurt, cup of whole wheat pasta, chicken breast & creme egg x2. That is about it of all chunk next meals is two cups of wholewheat pasta & chicken breast, later on chick peas & chicken breast.

people say pizza but WTF lol.

let me know asap

Share with Facebook
Old 05-29-2011, 04:54 AM   #16
highkick09
highkick09
has no status.
Max Brawn

question 2: 154g protein & fat 693 (which couldn`t of made)

I used mostly for fat eggs, olive oil, peanut butter, & odd time with chicken almonds. I consumed green beans & Broccoli everyday. always making sure under 20 carbs (net carbs)

i had 5-6 meals a day mostly 5 with 30g protein each meal.

Share with Facebook
Old 05-29-2011, 11:15 AM   #17
Chillen
Chillen
Current Pic/Nov 30th, 2012: Rocken Lean
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by highkick09 View Post
hope this all helps & was wondering when they say eat at maintence calories do they mean just your BMR level or including your activity levels?

help bro all the way

this morning had a
yogurt, cup of whole wheat pasta, chicken breast & creme egg x2. That is about it of all chunk next meals is two cups of wholewheat pasta & chicken breast, later on chick peas & chicken breast.

people say pizza but WTF lol.
Nothing wrong with pizza, the mainstay of carbohydrates are in the bread.

The primary focus are carbohydrates, and second Protein (on this discussion). Within the E-book, I attached (based on some good supported science) it explains how much the body stores in grams in the liver, etc (dependent on the person of course), and will narrow down (post maintenance level) approximately how many carbohydrates you should consume during carbohydrate load.

The purpose of the Carb-load is to refill glycogen and bring the body back into an Anabolic state. Fructose and other carbohydrates from Fruits (etc) are fine, just do not make it the mainstay of the carb-load period. The reason Fructose carbohydrates are good is that they tend to be fast acting and can replenish faster as compared to other carbohydrates that take longer to digest and convert. Get a good mix of simple and complex, with the focus on complex.

The exception here is if you tend to bloat, if you do, reduce the fructose grams down. In addition, the main reason one can get by with eating (well-over) maintenance is because the calories from carbohydrates are used to refill glycogen in the liver and else where in the body (primarily first). Think of it like refilling an empty bucket.

When referring to Maintenance this INCLUDES all activities during the course of the day. It would be your BASE MBR plus activities calculated according to your age, height, weight, and activity variation. From here you would go ABOVE this personal calculation by several hundred calories

How much depends.........

For example ONLY: When I am depleted, MY MBR base is: 1670, with activities included is about 2400 (or so--dependent). When I am depleted, I have consumed as many as: 5,600 calories. With me, afterward (and during the 24 to 48 hours, I can feel and look leaner than before. Most of these are carbohydrates.

To prevent a long post I have a copy of a E- book which will answer all your questions. Read the entire E-book (I purchased from Lyle a few years ago), but the specific answers to your questions begin on Chapter 11. I have attached it here.

We are brothers in the fight, and we assist one another toward our personal goals.

Peace, my friend

Edit: BTB is this is not cool, let me know. I will remove it.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 05-29-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Chillen is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-31-2011, 01:46 PM   #18
highkick09
highkick09
has no status.
Max Brawn

I already have this bro! its just i rather do a 24 hour refeed this sunday I was thinking doing one meal refeed like Dave Palumbo, having like a giant ass pizza & some chocolate would suffice?

I went 1000 calories over my calorie limit, but when you say you went 5,600 calories above. Makes me think what i ate is low to carb loading the body for its true supercomposition.

should I just go crazy then on the
porridge, junk food, pastas. I like the sound of this what is your take i just went to do it right. I wont like it monday & todays workouts were brilliant.

How does my carb load look to you? I want to get it right for next sunday which makes me feel a cheat meal (500g max) before i sleep, because felt bad about 24hrs refeeding.

its just i have always been a low carb only eating legumes, lentils & pulses and to eat food i rarely do not eat is alarming you know.

i think i am between 10-12% body fa which lyle says leaner you are the more refeeds but i think 24 hours or one big refeed meal is enough for me lol

let me know just really confused you know?

do not want to sound whiny just went to get to the bottom of it.

like i wouldnt mind eating porridge all day long with banana & some form of sugar like the Glucose i use to put in my pwo shakes just for flavour or even honey you know.

or sauces or something in to make pasta taste better. just i have no desire to consume carbs then when i do its like a chain reaction of eat whatever there.

terrible thing lol

Share with Facebook