Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:43 PM   #11
wesrman
wesrman
has not a status.
Max Brawn
Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Chin Ups
My Mood: Inspired
wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

I toyed with it a bit last time i dieted and found that it was actually easier for me than regular cutting. I found that dealing with hunger early in the day was easier than at night and i slept better on a full stomach. However i didnt do it steadily for more than a couple of weeks so idk what kind of issues may have come up after the novelty of something new wears off.

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #12
bamazav
bamazav
Dog House Training, home of the WalkerDips!Geezers Rule!
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
My Mood: Amazed
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippednmichigan View Post
Cool deal Bam, thanks for the input.
The more I have been studying, the frequency myth is found to be just that, a myth. I am finding the same thing with carbs.

2014 100%RAW American Challenge, May 31, 2014:
Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR
Total - 843 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #13
Chillen
Chillen
Current Pic/Nov 30th, 2012: Rocken Lean
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
My Mood: Inspired
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
The more I have been studying, the frequency myth is found to be just that, a myth. I am finding the same thing with carbs.

Hi, Bam!

I assume you mean frequency of meals as in stimulating metabolism? Then yes, its a myth, as research supports it does not. However, there are other "personally important" roles meal frequency can play (i.e. staving off hunger cravings, binges, and among other pesonally important considerations).

IMHO, carbohydrates are the most powerful manipulative macro nutrient between the three. And, how this is manipulated depends on the goal of the individual, and how the other two macros are manipulated as a result of the carbohydrate being manipulated.

Some mainstream media and other mediums of communication that throw out their BS would have you think that the carbohydrate is the villian, when its not. When concerning a person whom is healthy (say a non-diabetic, whom has to watch their carbohydrate consumption), personal responsibility and closing-thy-mouth once in a while (while conducting a non-bull-shit) study would lead them to tissue loss--while still eating normally and consuming the MIGHTY carbohydrate types. Its in the understanding of the macros (there roles), and the attitude toward them.

You can never--ever......get enough study my friend........may your heart be able to weed through the BS to suite your soul and earn your goal you seek.

Peace

Vitality!

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 05-14-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Chillen is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #14
bamazav
bamazav
Dog House Training, home of the WalkerDips!Geezers Rule!
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
My Mood: Amazed
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitality! View Post
Hi, Bam!

I assume you mean frequency of meals as in stimulating metabolism? Then yes, its a myth, as research supports it does not. However, there are other "personally important" roles meal frequency can play (i.e. staving off hunger cravings, binges, and among other pesonally important considerations).
My problem has never been binging or hunger cravings but grazing. I encourage frequent meals in cases like you mention, but that has not been my problem. IF has actually helped my grazing issues.
Quote:

IMHO, carbohydrates are the most powerful manipulative macro nutrient between the three. And, how this is manipulated depends on the goal of the individual, and how the other two macros are manipulated as a result of the carbohydrate being manipulated.

Some mainstream media and other mediums of communication that throw out their BS would have you think that the carbohydrate is the villian, when its not. When concerning a person whom is healthy (say a non-diabetic, whom has to watch their carbohydrate consumption), personal responsibility and closing-thy-mouth once in a while (while conducting a non-bull-shit) study would lead them to tissue loss--while still eating normally and consuming the MIGHTY carbohydrate types. Its in the understanding of the macros (there roles), and the attitude toward them.
I am not anti-carb. They have their place in the diet, needed for muscle hydration. My biggest problem is that the typical western diet emphasizes the starchy carbs beyond where they should be. As a pastor, I look at everything through the lens of the Bible. The references to bread, wheat, barly, grains, etc... are all over the place. I do not believe that God would encourage the eating of something, even declaring it clean, if it was harmful. That said, they were never meant to be the primary source of food in the diet. I stress to my Fit For the King students, whole grains and complex carbs in moderation.
Quote:
You can never--ever......get enough study my friend........may your heart be able to weed through the BS to suite your soul and earn your goal you seek.

Peace

Vitality!
This statement alone was worth the price of admission.

2014 100%RAW American Challenge, May 31, 2014:
Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR
Total - 843 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook