Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Logs

Notices

Supplement Logs Roll your supplement logs here.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:40 AM   #61
B-Fit
B-Fit
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 653, Level: 13 Points: 653, Level: 13 Points: 653, Level: 13
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 7 yrs
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Incline Presses
My Mood: Inspired
B-Fit is off to a bad start
Default Update

Well...another trip home in an never-ending month from the abyss. I managed again to get my workouts in- legs and chest/back but dieting away from where I'm used to is challenging. My workouts haven't been effected as they are still filled with sustained energy, focus, endurance and pumps but my physique has definitely taken a few steps backwards. Oh, well family always comes first. It's good to be back although tough to be away from family in a time of need. I wont be making any foreseeable trips until this stack is over so I'm in for the final stretch.

I haven't been able to complete as many posts as normal recently but I'm back on track and will be updating frequently, so stick around for the close. Today is chest/tri's and I'm really looking forward to it.
B-Fit is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #62
B-Fit
B-Fit
has no status.
Brawn

Default Update

Yesterday's chest/tri's workout was great-tri's ended up rushed but still a great workout. This week I'm lowering the reps to 4-6 on straight sets then ending the exercise with a set of 10-30. Makes for an interesting workout. Sorry I don't remember the weights I used-I'll get it next week).
Flat bench: 4-6 reps, 3 sets. 4th set-20-30 reps
Incline bench: 4-6 reps, 3 sets. 4th set-20-30 reps
Reverse-grip dumbbell press: 4-6 reps, 3 sets. 4th set 20-30 reps
Dumbbell flyes: 4-6 reps, 3 sets. 4th set 20-30 reps
Like I said, I was rushed on tri's:
Single-arm cross-body rope extensions: 12 reps, 3 sets
One-arm reverse-grip D-handle extensions: 12 reps, 3 sets
Cable kick backs: 12 reps, 3 sets

I got a solid pump and enjoyed the change. Today began with 20 minutes on the elliptical. I hit the gym for back/bi's a few hours later:
Wide-grip chins: 4-6 reps, 3 sets (I used a 45lbs plate). 4th set 20-30 reps (assisted machine)
Barbell rows: 4-6 reps (315lbs), 3 sets. 4th set 20-30 reps (135lbs).
Reverse-grip pulldowns: 4-6 reps, 3 sets (200lbs), 4th set 20-30 reps (100lbs).
Seated cable rows: 4-6 reps, 3 sets (200lbs), 4th set 20-30 reps 100lbs).
Barbell curls: 70lbs-12 reps, 90lbs-9 reps, 105lbs- 7 reps
Hammer strength preacher curls: 2 plates, 3 sets 8-12 reps. 4th set 25 reps with 1 plate
Standing iron-cross curls: 3 sets, 12 reps. last set 3 negative reps.

Both workouts were awesome-great energy (seems to be the trend!), pumps were sustained (I even got a annoyed massage therapist today who kept telling me to stop flexing-I wasn't, I was still pumped 3 hours after my workout!), I feel strong and again my endurance is just sick! I'm ready for shoulders tomorrow!

Share with Facebook
Old 04-29-2011, 03:37 AM   #63
B-Fit
B-Fit
has no status.
Brawn

Default Update

I decided to switch up shoulders a bit:
Smith-machine military presses: 135lbs-20 reps, 185lbs- 15 reps, 225lbs-12 reps, 135lbs-12 negative reps.
Reverse hammer strength shoulder press: 135lbs- 12 reps, 3 sets.
Standing rear cable flyes: 3 sets high, 12 reps, 1 shoulder height-12 reps.
Standing one arm fixed weight straight-bar: 30lbs- 12 reps, 3 sets.
Cybex lateral-raise machine: 1 set, 25 reps.
Dumbbell front raises: 40's- 12 reps, 3 sets.
Machine shrugs: 4 plates per side- 6 sets, 12-15 reps.

This morning I had the goal of hustling through my leg workout in order to fit in some cardio to shave off some of this cushion I've put on with all these trips home and breaks in my routine and diet.
Leg presses: 8 plates-20 reps, 12 plates- 12 reps for 5 sets with 1 minute rest in between sets.
Hack squats: 225lbs-12 deep reps, 2 sets, 135lbs-25 reps.
Lying leg curls: 5 sets-12 reps
Seated leg curls: 4 sets-12 reps
Leg extensions: 3 sets-15 reps.

Then off to 20 minutes of elliptical, a very sweat filled 20 minutes. Due to the speed of my workout I was spent before even stepping onto the elliptical machine.

I feel like I'm posting the same exact opinion on every workout-but I guess that shows that very consistent results from this stack; great pumps, energy, consistent strength and stamina.

Share with Facebook
Old 05-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #64
B-Fit
B-Fit
has no status.
Brawn

Default Update

I decided to forgo the last week of my chest/back routine. It wasn't having the effect I desired and I really think my arms took a backseat in this routine and were adversely effected. Oh well, you learn through experimenting right? So I hit Chest on Friday for the first full workout I've had in 5 weeks and it felt great!

Incline smith-machine bench press: 135lbs-20 reps, 225lbs-15 reps, 245lbs-12 reps, 275lbs-8 reps
Smith-machine flat bench: 135lbs-25 reps, 225lbs-15 reps, 275lbs-12 reps for 3 sets
Incline hammer strength: 3 plates per side-12 reps for 2 sets
Hammer strength flat: 3 plates per side-12 reps for 2 sets
Decline bench press: 225lbs-12 reps for 2 sets
Flat dumbbell flyes: 50lbs-12 reps for 3 sets
Cable crossovers: 3 sets high, 1 neutral, 12 reps per set

I may have gone a bit overboard to to being a bit over eager.. I sure enjoyed it though. My strength was a bit down; in my opinion from not using any of the "heavier" weights I was previously. I had good energy throughout and a skin busting pump. Also, my mind muscle connection has been awesome lately.

I chose to hit arms next because I think they're down a bit, mostly judging from my wife's comment: "Hun, I think your arms are a bit smaller." if that doesn't get ya going nothing will!

Standing dumbbell curls: 40's-12 reps, 50's-12 reps for 3 sets
Barbell curls: bar for 25 strict reps
Rope extensions: 25 reps for 1 warm-up set
Close grip bench: 225lbs-12 reps for 3 sets
Hammer strength preacher curls: 2 plates-12 reps for 3 sets
Overhead dumbbell extensions: 100lbs-12 reps, 120lbs-12 reps for 2 sets
Iron cross curls: 12 reps per set for 3 sets
V-handle triceps extensions: 12 reps per set for 3 sets
Hammer curls: 60's-8 reps for 2 sets
Cable kickbacks: 12 reps for 2 sets

Again, I think I was a bit over zealous. Same type of workout though: fueled and charged!

I hit shoulders this morning with my typical workout that just works for me. I'm really loving my training on this stack and find myself really looking forward to training. Seeing results and having workouts like these makes it hard not to be motivated for your next workout!

Share with Facebook
Old 05-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #65
B-Fit
B-Fit
has no status.
Brawn

Default Update/Final review

FINAL REVIEW

In beginning I want to take a second and thank the AppNut team. During this log I was taken on as a forum representative for AppNut. I know the mystic with sponsored logs..they can be filled with BS. In becoming a rep I swore to stay true- positive or negative and I hop you can see that in my log. I'd like to say a special thank you to everyone at the AppNut team for bringing me on to represent an amazing company that puts quality first. You guys are awesome and it's a pleasure working for such an awesome team!

OK dedicated followers, final review time has arrived. I would like to thank you all for following along and a special thanks to you who have repped me.

To catch those of you up who haven't been along for the whole ride here's my stack: 16 weeks of HGHup, I took 12 weeks of Free Test, at which point I finished the 16 weeks with Drive. Both NeoVar and Lit-Up was taken for the entire 16 weeks as well. I have to admit I'm sad to see it end as I've had some amazing results.

I'll break up each different supplement for review and then review them as a stack:

The first thing I noticed with taking this, as far as results, was an instant difference in sleep. I have had problems falling asleep throughout my adults life and haven't experienced any of that for the entire 16 weeks. I have to admit I'm a bit scared to see how much that will change now that I'm done.

As far as noticing other results I would guess it took somewhere around the 1 1/2-2 week mark for me. I started noticing I looked harder, as did my wife. Throughout the 16 weeks I steadily held muscle and lost fat-even though I had severely tightened up my nutrition. This would definitely aid anyone looking to hold onto muscle while burning fat. I could see using it in the future with a fat burner to rip up.

My strength shot up as did my recovery at that 1 1/2-2 week point. I think we as bodybuilders are used to a certain level of soreness we constantly live with without even noticing due to hours spent in the gym. On HGHup my soreness decreased so much I became aware of that previous level of soreness due to the new flexibility and looseness of my muscles the day after training. I found even with less body fat my reps and weight used increased.

I found an added benefit was my skin seemed to be softer and less dry, as I have a small issue with dryness throughout winter. It also seemed to have a healthier look.

Overall HGHup surprised me. For a very reasonable price and no side effects I received: improved sleep, recovery, lose of body fat with added strength and muscle. I do think the amount of time I took it was key to receiving all the results I received. This product is something that needs time to work and show results.

Strength gain: 8/10
Recovery: 9.5/10
Body composition: 9/10
Vascularity: 8/10
Sleep: 10/10
OVERALL: 9.3/10

Free Test was awesome- I have to give this supplement some credit! More than one bottle is a must with this IMO as it did take a bit to kick in- Within about the same amount of time it took to see results from HGHup, Free Test kicked in with a vengeance; my strength shot right up as did my recovery. Be gone soreness and weak workouts Free Test is here! lol but seriously that's how I felt. This stuff is serious- I was on a very strict diet, lost a significant amount of fat-still put on muscle and added strength with no side effects. This will not be the last time I take Free Test!

I saw a definite difference in my physique with added hardness and, although it may be my imagination, I felt fuller and more vascular with a decrease in the water I was holding prior.

First thing I noticed was a libido..let's say increase lol. Not always a good thing when you're married in the gym

Strength gains: 9.5/10
Body composition: 8.5/10
Recovery: 10/10
Libido: 10/10
OVERALL: 9.5/10

Lit-Up was something I was very interested and anxious to try. AN took a very new approach to a pre-workout with Lit-Up. They used science instead of just re-packaging all the same old ingredients you see in everything else. I have to admit, I wasn't too sure after looking over the label but I was pleasantly surprised! I started off with just one scoop and honestly that serving size was enough for much longer than I thought it would be. I was at two by the end but I think it was around week 8 that I went up to two and a half scoops.

Taste I liked although I can see where some people would say it's a bit strong and different tasting but either way taste is not a reason not to give this great PWO a try. A choice in flavors down the line may be a good idea.

I really was a fan of the choice in not using the stimulant 1, 3 Dimethyl. With 170mg of caffeine per scoop and a significant amount of science involving ATP replenishing/fueling Lit-Up is a great source of clean, sustained energy without jitters, or that familiar post-workout crash. It also wont kill your appetite when you need to eat the most like many other PWO's do.

Another completely different approach to PWO's was it's touted testosterone elevation. I will have to admit while using Free Test with it it's hard to judge just how much it may have done this but the science is there and I did see results. I'm anxious to give this a try by itself to test this out.

I find Lit-Up was great at increasing mental focus and my mind muscle connection; I felt instant connections to the muscle in my first few sets and through this experienced some of the best pumps and workouts I've ever had!

I liked how Lit-Up was creatine free giving users the choice of using the creatine they wanted or being a PWO that can be used while cycling off creatine.

Taste: 7/10
Pumps: 8.5/10
Focus: 10/10
Energy: 9/10
Strength: 9/10
OVERALL: 9.2/10

NeoVar was a great, very versatile creatine that IMO can be used for any occasion. I tend to be prone to bloating on certain creatines and felt none of that. All my gains were dry and hard- no water retention. The pumps it provided were addicting hours after training and my muscles were just harder.

I definitely felt my endurance during training and my strength didn't seem to dip the way I'm used to as my workout neared the end. My recover was off the charts compared to other creatines I've taken-and I have tried a ton. NeoVar is more than just a creatine pill.

It's very well priced. NeoVar is going to be a staple in my supplement cabinet!

Strength: 8/10
Endurance: 9/10
Pumps: 9/10
Reovery: 10/10
OVERALL: 9.4/10

Drive was taken directly after ending Free Test and i must say the strength drop wasn't as drastic as I had feared, which is saying a lot for Drive as the gains from Free Test were insane! There was a drop but I can definitely see that I added more muscle while I was on Drive-and if taken by itself could only figure based on my experience that I would have seen some good gains. Another strong point was that my recovery didn't dip!

My libido shot up even more as if that were possible- my poor wife Also I felt like I was in an annoyingly good mood all the time- seems I forgot that was one of the results. It was kinda nice.

Endurance was increased on Drive- my energy and stamina just seemed to never run out.

I really was surprised by Drive. I enjoyed it and thought it was a nice book end to this stack.

Strength: 8/10
Libido: 10+/10
Endurance: 10/10
Mood: 8/10
Recovery:9/10
OVERALL: 8.7/10

Overall this stack was killer and I in no way upon beginning thought I would get the results I did. This stack was more the sum of all the parts working together than just each individual supplement. Applied seems to really create products that compliment each other instead of just pumping out more supps. Free Test and HGHup together was just incredible and this stack is a must for any natural competitor looking to put on quality muscle and re-composition their physique. I set apart originally to log those two products but then Lit-Up was released and a few weeks in I thought I'd throw in a creatine and since everything else was AppNut I was like-why not. All-in-all this exact stack I would highly recommend. As stated above I gained muscle, gained strength, lost fat while holding and gaining muscle, looked harder and more vascular, lost water weight, had some of the best workouts ever-driven by incredible focus and improved mind muscle connection, amazing pumps, incredible sustained energy and stamina, slept better and had improved libido and healthy skin. When can I start this again??

Strength: 9.7/10
Recovery: 10/10
Libido: 10/10
Focus: 10/10
Endurance: 9/10
Pumps: 9/10
Taste: 7/10
Body Composition: 9/10
Mood: 8/10
Value-9.7/10
Side Effecs: NONE
OVERALL: 9.3/10

Pictures with measurements to follow tomorrow! Thank you all!

Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #66
B-Fit
B-Fit
has no status.
Brawn

Default Labels

Here's the label pics for the supplements in my stack (only a certain amount of pics are allowed in one post so I had to break it up).

Applied Nutriceuticals - Better Results Through Science

Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #67
B-Fit
B-Fit
has no status.
Brawn

Default The End

Here's the pics I promised:

And here are my final measurements:
Shoulders- 55" (That was a goal!!)
Chest: 49 5/8" and a hair" (wanted 50" but I made some good gains!)
Arms- Both 19 1/4" (although the L went down-I guess I can say I evened em out)
Forearms- same
Waist- 31" (geeze that was a nice drop!)
Thigh- same
Calves- same

I made some great gains in overall muscle and body composition. My weight used on almost every exercise has climbed and overall I just feel better. I also, may add, I feel more confident going into summer I would strongly recommend this stack!

Until next time..Here's the pics I promised:

And here are my final measurements:
Shoulders- 55" (That was a goal!!)
Chest: 49 5/8" and a hair" (wanted 50" but I made some good gains!)
Arms- Both 19 1/4" (although the L went down-I guess I can say I evened em out)
Forearms- same
Waist- 31" (geeze that was a nice drop!)
Thigh- same
Calves- same

I made some great gains in overall muscle and body composition. My weight used on almost every exercise has climbed and overall I just feel better. I also, may add, I feel more confident going into summer I would strongly recommend this stack!

Until next time..

Share with Facebook