Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,543,813, Level: 100 Points: 1,543,813, Level: 100 Points: 1,543,813, Level: 100
Activity: 53% Activity: 53% Activity: 53%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Bulking Question that I Hear Often

I receive the same type of bulking question on a routine basis. It generally goes something like this...

"You recommend drinking whole milk. Shouldn't I drink skim so that I gain less fat on a bulk?"

No.

Whole milk provides 56 more calories per cup. You are eating X amount of calories per day on your bulk. Not only is whole milk more cost efficient, but it also forces you to "eat less" because it has greater caloric density. This extra room in your stomach might also make it easier to stomach the other 4000 (or whatever calories you need that day.

You have to drink 3 cups of milk to obtain the same calories as 2 cups on whole milk.

I also believe a primary objection to whole milk, though often unexpressed, is the fear of its fat content. Fat does not make fat. Excess calories makes fat.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links