Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
tartanite
tartanite
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 182, Level: 3 Points: 182, Level: 3 Points: 182, Level: 3
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 5+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Whey Protien
My Mood: Cynical
tartanite has made some quality poststartanite has made some quality poststartanite has made some quality poststartanite has made some quality poststartanite has made some quality poststartanite has made some quality posts
Default Expected One Year Increase

I recently competed in the USAPL Minnesota State Open. It was my second PL meet, the first was, the 2010 USAPL MN state Open, almost exactly one year ago to the day of the 2011 USAPL MN State open. I had really high expectations, The realistic goal was above 1300#'s @ 220lbs (i would ideally like to get 1441#total at 220lbs that is however a really really really long way out). The 1300# total is a 66# increase over 2010.

The long and tall of it is, i missed, BAD. My 2011 three lift total was 1274#'s 38#'s over 2010's number, but 26lbs under the goal (its at this point i could tell you all of the things that went poorly, and yadda yadda yadda, that would not however change the result, so I wont)

So the question is, Whats a realistic goal for improving your PL total over the course of the year without putting on a ton of weight? (Eat big to get big right? well im 226lbs about 15% BF and to be honest, i think thats a good spot to be at Long term, with a lower BF that is)

So what are your thoughts, how much can one expect to improve, in one year while maintaining not gaining weight?

In case youre wondering i went 6 of 9 lifts with the best totals being
429lb squat (smoked the opener and got flattened by 446.9, twice)
314lb bench (i hate bench i really do, had an easy opener, failed at 314lb on the second attempt, battled back and cleared it on the third)
529lb deadlift (this felt easy, should have done more, really should have, smoked all three attempts)
tartanite is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links