Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
gaster
gaster
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 574, Level: 11 Points: 574, Level: 11 Points: 574, Level: 11
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

gaster has made some good postsgaster has made some good postsgaster has made some good postsgaster has made some good postsgaster has made some good postsgaster has made some good postsgaster has made some good postsgaster has made some good posts
Default Things that motivate you

What are some things that motivate you to bodybuild? I find that my family keeps me motivated. I like to think that they will be proud of me once I am starting to show signs that my working out is actually working!
gaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
tank
tank
is a weightlifter.
Max Brawn
Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Cool
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

I'll stray somewhat and tell you what motivates me to lift weights, rather than "bodybuild" specifically.

As a forenote, I do not mean to offend anyone and am open to any and all beliefs, barring ones that hurt me/my family!

My motivation is pretty primal. I like to think of how humans would live in a more natural lifestyle and the amazing capacity of our bodies.

It's often said that our intellect is what separates us from other animals, but in saying this it's easy to discredit our amazing muscular and skeletal structures.

In a nutshell, I feel like since we've harnessed the ability to strengthen our bodies, we should. Just like having an amazing mind obliges us to learn.

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
bb12
bb12
Sexy Beast!
Hulk!
Max Brawn
Points: 6,677, Level: 53 Points: 6,677, Level: 53 Points: 6,677, Level: 53
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

My Mood: Inspired
bb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post
It's often said that our intellect is what separates us from other animals, but in saying this it's easy to discredit our amazing muscular and skeletal structures.

In a nutshell, I feel like since we've harnessed the ability to strengthen our bodies, we should. Just like having an amazing mind obliges us to learn.
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.
bb12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-2012, 09:58 AM   #4
TitanCT
TitanCT
throwing iron and eating pizza.
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67

My Mood: Aggressive
TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

seeing changes keeps me going...
that and my bigorexia.

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Learn.Apply.Grow

www.advancedmusclescience.com

ForeRunnerLabs
www.forerunnerlabs.com/

The Lab
www.advancedmusclesciencelab.com//

"Abs on a skinny guy are like big boobs on a fat chick - they don't count." -Shelby Starnes
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,361,199, Level: 100 Points: 1,361,199, Level: 100 Points: 1,361,199, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Most days my prime motivation simply comes from doing something others can't, won't or believe is impossible.

We are what we do. I hate talk when there is no action. Perhaps it's from my upbringing. Much of it comes from being a father. I am motivated to live out what I teach to my kids...actions count, not words about actions.

I tell my kids each week to aggressively pursue their dreams. This process excites me. I don't care about failure. But when I do die I want people to say...he lived.

Sounds cutesy, but I've been around so many people wasting their lives. I will not be one of them.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-2012, 11:28 AM   #6
Kuytrider
Kuytrider
is Yosif Zhelyazko Lynch
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

I get motivated by seeing so-called 'ordinary' people lift crazy weights. I know they have busted their ass to meet their goals and it helps me understand the work that needs to be done.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook