Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources > Appreciation Threads

Notices

Appreciation Threads Lifter Appreciation Threads. Contains resources, pictures, workouts, videos and articles on specific lifters.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,548,567, Level: 100 Points: 1,548,567, Level: 100 Points: 1,548,567, Level: 100
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Bodybuilder Emeka Okammor Bio

Bodybuilder Emeka Okammor Bio

Muscle and Brawn Sponsored athlete.

VITAL STATS

Name: Emeka Okammor
E-mail: emekaokammor@emekaokammor.com
Where: Orlando
Height: 6 ft
Off-Season Weight: 255 Lbs (Currently 263lbs)
Contest Weight: 225 Lbs
Years Bodybuilding: 2
Favorite Bodypart: Trapezius, aka traps
Favorite Exercise: Reverse fly
Favorite Supplements: Athletic Xtreme
Social Media:

My name is Emeka J Okammor, aka "The MenAce." NPC competitor, husband, and business owner. I was born and raised in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. As a husky teen, weighing 280-295, I was very athletic playing football (QB, FB, DE. DT, TE), basketball (PG, F), and track & field (shot putt, discuss). In my senior year I was one of the states top ranked recruits and accepted a full athletic scholarship to the University of Central Florida.

I arrived to UCF weighing 310lbs. College football at UCF taught me many life long lessons such as work ethic, discipline, teamwork, accountability, dedication, commitment, and sacrifice for total success. Total success being the win.

It was during my junior year that the seed of bodybuilding was planted. I was walking through the Florida Mall during my lunch break at my summer job and I saw a mob of people surrounding the GNC store. So I wandered over only to find Mr. Jay Cutler sitting there as wide as a house! Amazed by his physique, I couldn't wait to go back to talk to my strength & conditioning coaches about him. So the very next day, that's what i did. It sparked a debate which yielded the name Ronnie Coleman and by the way they described this man, I needed to see what all the fuss was about. That day my passion for bodybuilding was birthed.

Time flew by, after 4 years of college I graduated with my B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies (IT focus). Stuck in the limbo of being thrown into the real world, I found a job at a nearby liquor store. I married my super awesome wife and upon returning from our honeymoon, I begin working as a manager trainee. I also decided to enroll in the UCF graduate program to work towards my MBA in Management Information Systems. While working and in school, I decided that I no longer needed to hold that heavy football weight, so I begin educating myself in health & fitness. My training also shifted from football strength training to physique building and dieting.

After a year of constant and consistent researching and studying, followed by many many instances of trail & error, I started a business and named it Simple Fitness, LLC. The purpose of this business was to first help myself follow a program that i believed in and that considered specific goals.

During the process of building and forming Simple Fitness LLC I begin to look into doing a bodybuilding show to simply celebrate my new physique. So I attended a few local shows and begin to think :I might be able to win one of these!" I hit the books researching tips and strategies on how to make my training and dieting more directed towards bodybuilding. Once I had built a program I picked an out of town show in Savannah, Georgia for the summer of 2010 and I just went for it! I hit the stage at my first bodybuilding show at 220lbs and I haven't looked back since.

I share the dream of turning pro in this sport with my wife, family, and close friends. All who have been extremely supportive in my career as a bodybuilder. I also enjoy the dream of simply reaching and filling my potential in this sport. The day I win that pro card is the day that I'll step foot into my dream, the day that one of my prayers is answered. I pray to be great in this sport, but even if i fall short of that accomplishment, my heart yearns to be a fun, humble, personable, down to earth professional bodybuilder. I will continue to chase my dreams and submit every once of effort to living my dream, keeping a positive attitude, and prayfully I WILL SUCCEED.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 02-16-2012 at 08:03 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,548,567, Level: 100 Points: 1,548,567, Level: 100 Points: 1,548,567, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?

I have tried many many training styles and plans and I never can decide on just one. I’ve had my training style compared to Gumbo, lol! A guy called it gumbo training and with me being from Louisiana and loving some gumbo, I loved that analogy.
My style of training pulls from the concepts of many other training styles. I’ll pull from FST-7, German volume, Pyramid, Basic, Sports specific routines, etc. And dump it all into 1 workout, lol. I create just about every workout routine from scratch and formulate it in some way, shape, or form totally different than the last with a new aim focus each workout. I always try my best to create workouts that flow with rhythm, one exercise connecting with the next and not just a bunch of exercises in no particular order or that don’t have a rhyme or reason.

My team (Team Simple Fitness) never know what to expect. And neither do I some days! Even though I design each workout, they are hardly ever made with me in mind. I usually design them with a “Gotta do it” mindset and often find myself in the middle of my training sessions asking how could I do this to myself? Lol

I run training logs on a number of sites where I post these sessions almost daily.

I train 6 days a week when I’m getting ready for a competition and 4-5 days a week in the off season.

Competition season split

• Leg
• Chest
• Abs & HIIT
• Back
• Shoulders
• Arms
• OFF

Off season

• Legs
• Chest & Back
• OFF
• Deadlift or Arms
• Shoulders
• OFF
• OFF

During the off season I like to superset chest and back. My weakness with my strength. Which has helped me tremdously this off season with adding overall mass to my upper body. It also allows me to train deadlift on it’s own day where I can hit them however I choose and not have to worry too much about other body parts suffering due to lack of energy and recovery.
As I enter my prep I divide chest and back into separate days so that I can focus more on each individual muscle. I try to give each muscle group its own day during my prep.

As for weight, I don’t believe in “light” I believe in heavy as possible for amount of reps desired. For instance, if I’m doing 4 sets of 12 on incline press I believe that the weight should reflect failure or gets you as close to failure as possible by your last 2 or 3 reps. I’ve learned that lifting light weight will not get you toned, that is what diet and cardio is for. So we are usually lifting pretty heavy during prep until maybe the last week or two where we still lift at about 80-90% and just more machines.

Sample Week

Legs:
• Seated calf raises: 4 sets of 20 reps (10 slow, 10 regular)
• Toe presses: 3 sets of 30 reps (10 toes out, 10 toes straight, 10 toes in)
• Leg extensions: 3 – 4 sets of 20 reps
• Front squat/ Back squat/ V-Squat: 4 sets of 15, 12, 12, 10 reps
• Hack squat/Lunges: 2 sets of 15 reps, 1 double drop/burnout set
• Leg press: 3 sets of 20/20/20 triple dropset reps
• Stiff leg deadlifts: 4 sets of 15 reps
• Seated leg curls: 3 sets of 12 reps, 1 triple drop set
• Lying leg curls: 7 sets of 12 reps

Chest:
• Barbell incline press: 2 warm up sets, 4 sets of 15, 12, 12, 8-10 reps
• Dumbbell incline press: 2 sets of 12 reps
• Pec dec: 2 sets of 12 reps + 3 negatives
• Flat DB bench: 4 sets of 12
• Hammer Strength incline press: 7 sets of 12 reps
• Cable crosses: 7 sets of 12 reps

Abs and HIIT:
• Hanging leg ups: 2 sets of 15 - 20 reps
• Decline crunches: 2 sets of 15 - 20 reps
• Windshield wipers: 3 sets of 12 reps
• Vacuums: 3 sets of 15 reps
• HIIT: 5 min warm up, 10 min HIIT, 5 min cool down

Back:
• Pull ups: 10 sets of 10 reps
• Deadlifts: 5 sets of 12, 10, 8, 8, 6 reps (May push out an additional set of 4)
• Lat pulldowns: 4 sets of 12 reps
• 45 degree seated row: 3 sets of 12 reps, 1 burnout set
• Hammer Strength row machine: 3 sets of 12 reps
• Hammer Strength plate loaded pullovers: 5 sets of 12 reps

Shoulders and Traps Arms:
• Dumbbell Shrugs: 4 sets of 15 reps
• Smith Machine shrugs: 4 sets of 15 reps
• Face pulls w/rope: 7 sets of 15 reps
• Seated military press/ Seated dumbbell press: 4 sets of 12, 10, 10, 8 reps
• Dumbbell front raises: 3 sets of 12 reps each arm
• Lateral raise machine: 4 sets of 12 reps
• Shoulder press machine: 4 sets of 25 reps

Arms:
• Close grip bench: 3 sets of 12 reps
• Close grip tricep pushdown: 4 sets of 12 reps
• Reverse grip pulldowns: 4 sets of 15 reps
• Superset with DB overhead ext: 4 sets of 12 reps
• EZ bar curls: 4 sets of 12 reps
• Standing cable curls: 3 sets of failure
• 21’s: 3 sets

Last edited by BendtheBar; 02-16-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Emeka Okammor diet

I usually keep my dieting very simple. My diet is, what I have found through evolution, what works best for me. I’ve done 3 shows and 4 preps. Each prep I try to learn something that can be added to my next prep to make it slightly better. Prep is hard enough, the last thing I need is difficulty in nailing my diet day to day. I’ve found carb cycling to work best for me and it is also easy for me to stay on track.

My basic cycle is:
  • 5 low days – 140g
  • 1 high day – 320g
  • 1 lowest day – 60g

Protein is a constant 280g and healthy fats are a constant 40 grams.

My fat intake has been questioned on various equations but I’ve played with healthy fat intake quite often and I have seen it have no to low effects on my body. So I figured why should I add more for “theory” sake? 20-30 grams has been my sweet spot for healthy fat intake.

My carb intake has also raised question as people often ask me “Only 140g?” or “320g is what you call a high day?” And the answer to those question is yes and yes. I am a carb sensitive individual. I can ride by Krispy Kreme and if that light is on I’ll gain a pound or 2! Lol! Very little carbs go a long way for me and once again no need for me to diet based on “theory” rather than based on my actually bodily ability.

During this prep I plan to take a chance on going for something a little different than my basic carb cycle. It’s taking a chance because not only is it not a popular theory but I’ve never tried it so I have idea what the end result will be. Exciting! Lol!

I heard fellow teammate, Kim “Swole” Williams, discuss the theory of “Grow into the Show” during one of his vblogs for his last show. Now this theory is that you increase carb intake as you get closer to the show. That way you stay fuller, energized, and tighter throughout your prep.

Now there probably many many ways to go about using this theory but since I am a carb cycler then I will implement this into my dieting style. This is how I plan to unfold my diet for this prep:

8 weeks
  • 5 low days – 140g
  • 1 high day – 320g
  • 1 lowest day – 60g

6 weeks
  • 5 low days – 180g
  • 1 high day – 320g
  • 1 lowest day – 60g

4 weeks
  • 5 low days – 180g
  • 2 high days – 320g
  • 1 lowest day – 60g

This covers the entire course of my 18 wk prep for the Southern USAs May 11-12.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 02-16-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

A day with Emeka

7am – Wake up
7:15am – Wake-n-shake
7:45am – Breakfast
8am – Work (Data Analyst at Florida DOC)
10am – Snack
12pm – Lunch
12:30pm to 1pm – Power up nap
2pm – Snack
4pm – Preworkout meal
5pm – Off from work
6pm to 8:30pm – Train, Leh Go!!
8:45pm – Postworkout shake
9pm to 10:30pm – Church (Tues & Thurs)
11pm – Prepare food for next day & eat diner
11:30 to 12:30 – Hit the forums
12:45am – Shower (Finally, lol!) & Sleep

Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #5
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

2010 Southern Isles Bodybuilding Championships

Savannah, GA

Placed 3rd in Heavyweight Open
Placed 4th in Novice Heavyweight

Last edited by BendtheBar; 02-16-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #6
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Savannah, GA

Novice

Last edited by BendtheBar; 02-16-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #7
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Savannah, GA

Novice

Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #8
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Savannah, GA

Open

Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #9
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Savannah, GA

Open

Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #10
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

2nd Contest Pics

View the complete album => http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/mem...lery-four.html

Last edited by BendtheBar; 02-16-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Share with Facebook