Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
fqqs
fqqs
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 542, Level: 10 Points: 542, Level: 10 Points: 542, Level: 10
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

fqqs is off to a bad start
Default pull/push/legs bulk 100% natural need feedback

what do you think about this routine:

4x6 straight sets (+low rep warmup)

Mon - PULL
  • Deadlifts 4 x 6
  • Rows 4 x 6
  • Wide pullups 4 x 10
  • Curls 4 x 6,8,10,12
  • W.crunches (db behind head,laying on a bench) 3 x 15

Wed - PUSH
  • Flat bench 4 x 6
  • Military press 4 x 6
  • Chest dip 4 x 10
  • Skullcrushers 4 x 6,8,10,12

Fri - LEGS
  • Front squat 4 x 6
  • Bulgarian split squat w/ db's 4 x 10
  • Leg curls 4 x 6,8,10,12
  • Hanging leg raise (nearly straight legs, not fully relax abs between reps) 3 x 12

what do you think about that? thank you for any sugestions.

Last edited by fqqs; 11-11-2011 at 12:19 PM.
fqqs is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
Soldier
Soldier
gets crabby on low carb days.
Max Brawn
Points: 11,885, Level: 71 Points: 11,885, Level: 71 Points: 11,885, Level: 71
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: On and off for 15 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Doubtful
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

What are your goals and what is your current ability level? What's the main thing you want to do, i.e. gain muscle, cut fat or get stronger? What kind of diet are you planning to pair with this routine?

Tell us a little bit about yourself so we can get a better idea of wether this routine will work for you or not.

Without knowing more about you it's hard to say for sure, bit I like the plan you have so far.
Deadlift- 515
Total- 1325
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #3
fqqs
fqqs
has no status.
New Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
What are your goals and what is your current ability level? What's the main thing you want to do, i.e. gain muscle, cut fat or get stronger? What kind of diet are you planning to pair with this routine?

Tell us a little bit about yourself so we can get a better idea of wether this routine will work for you or not.

Without knowing more about you it's hard to say for sure, bit I like the plan you have so far.
im 5 7 height 165lbs , 2 years training experience. want to gain muscle&strength without adding too much fat. diet: 200g protein, almost 400g carbs (whole grains, veggies, some fruits), 95g fats

my stats: bench 90kg x 4, front squat 90kg x 6, deadlift 140kg x 6 (overhand grip) , military press 46kg x 6

Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #4
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,361,434, Level: 100 Points: 1,361,434, Level: 100 Points: 1,361,434, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

On paper it looks reasonable. If combined with a defined progression approach and a solid eating plan it will definitely help build muscle.

What is your lifting background and current goals?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #5
Soldier
Soldier
gets crabby on low carb days.
Max Brawn
Points: 11,885, Level: 71 Points: 11,885, Level: 71 Points: 11,885, Level: 71
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: On and off for 15 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Doubtful
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

It looks like you have a solid plan. It's basic too, which is a plus in my book. Like BTB said, progression is king. Try to add weight to the bar as often as possible, and don't be afraid to tweak you're diet up or down based on how you are gaining. I know for me personally I can't go to far over maintenance because I gain weight very easily. Keep track of your bodyfat somehow to make sure you aren't gaining too fast with your plan.
Deadlift- 515
Total- 1325
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #6
fqqs
fqqs
has no status.
New Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
It looks like you have a solid plan. It's basic too, which is a plus in my book. Like BTB said, progression is king. Try to add weight to the bar as often as possible, and don't be afraid to tweak you're diet up or down based on how you are gaining. I know for me personally I can't go to far over maintenance because I gain weight very easily. Keep track of your bodyfat somehow to make sure you aren't gaining too fast with your plan.
i tend to gain fat much faster than msucle so i m on 100% clean diet, no junk food. 100% motivated. obviously ill try to add wieght each workout if i can.

both of you mates look very strong. thanks for replies. sorry for bad english.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-12-2011, 08:40 AM   #7
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,361,434, Level: 100 Points: 1,361,434, Level: 100 Points: 1,361,434, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fqqs View Post
i tend to gain fat much faster than msucle so i m on 100% clean diet, no junk food. 100% motivated. obviously ill try to add wieght each workout if i can.

both of you mates look very strong. thanks for replies. sorry for bad english.
No worries at all. We're here to help. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #8
Shadowschmadow
Shadowschmadow
aka El Cappy-Tan
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29

Snotput Champion! Soccer Tournament Champion!
Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
My Mood: Tired
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Looks like a solid plan. Keep measurements so you can gauge progress. The scale and mirror like to lie, and it can be false encouragement or discouraging at times.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-12-2011, 08:56 AM   #9
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 32,156, Level: 100 Points: 32,156, Level: 100 Points: 32,156, Level: 100
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

I would supplement the bulgarian split squats for back squats and do them first on leg day. Good luck man!

Share with Facebook
Old 11-13-2011, 07:03 AM   #10
fqqs
fqqs
has no status.
New Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
I would supplement the bulgarian split squats for back squats and do them first on leg day. Good luck man!
currently i cant do back squats .due to hectic schedule im building a home gym, and at the moment dont have a power rack. im looking for a pair of solid,proper sawhorses. I hope ill find some suitable. and also I love front squatting. when i do them i feel i work a body as a one part. great for my core and quads. but when I find sawhorses I'll do as you said.

and also i wonder if 4x6 STRAIGHT sets for deadlift wouldnt be too much? bo I dont like pyramiding. i think it is totaly waste of effort. I like low rep warmup sets and then heavy working sets with the same weight instead of ramping.

Share with Facebook