Dynasty
Dynasty
the determined
The Irish One
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,235, Level: 19 Points: 1,235, Level: 19 Points: 1,235, Level: 19
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

My Mood: Cheerful
Dynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributor
Default Dynasty's Cut for X-mas

Hey all, making a need thread for my cut. Any help appreciated because this is something I've never done before but I'd like to give a big shout out to Rich Knapp who has been in contact with me helping me make my macro-nutrient goals and a better understanding of what it takes to get lean, also thank you Rippedinmichigan Big thumbs up to anyone who will support me throughout this, I know it will be hard but I'm determined.

I put on fat (like we all do) during my bulk and I want to get rid of it basically and maybe a little more for good measure Then munch on yummy xmas food and take off whatever needs be again after that lol.

Goal:

Drop minimum 10 fatty pounds (anymore is a bonus)
Lower bodyfat by 5-6 per cent (to 10-11 per cent respectively).
And obviously keep the muscle I've gained and if possible grow some more.

Stats at Start of Cut:

To those of you who followed Dynasty's Journey training log, you will see some change to inches here, I'm happy to have grown

Weight: 70.6kg (155.6 pounds)
Body Fat: 16.1%
Fat Mass: 11.2kg
Muscle Mass (FFM): 59kg
Chest: 37"
Arms: 13"
Hips: 33.5"
Waist: 33.75"
Thighs: 22.25"
Calves: 14"
Forearms: 10
Shoulders: 43"
Neck: 14.50"

Length of Trim:

9 weeks. This trim should last till x-mas where I will gorge on yummies and then come back to gym after New Years and burn off any little gains during that 2 week period, I will make sure to be doing some bodyweight stuff etc during those 2 weeks so i won't be rusty! lol

Supplements:

Ground Flaxseed - Rich in Omega 3 and 6 and 9

CLA - Supposed to help tone your body by making your body eat your fat during exercise, or something like that

Termobol - Meant to be great for getting lean.

Lean Definition Promas Diet - A Whey Protein for dieters, from Maximuscle

Multi-Vitamin

Macro Nutrient Allowances:

Protein: 190g
Carbs: 150g (250g on a Re-Feed day which is Sunday)
Fat: 40g

Meal Plan Weekdays:

Meal 1 - Breakfast

- 1 Therobil pill
- 1 Multi Vitamin pill
- 3 Boiled or Scrambled Whole Eggs
- 3 Wheetabix and Low Fat Milk (300ml) with 1tbsp Flaxseed (thinking Porridge but not a big fan yet)

Total Macros: 41g Protein, 65g carbs, 23.5g Fat

Meal 2 - Pre-Workout

- 1 Promax Diet (1 scoop)

Total Macros: 38g Protein, 10g carbs, 3.5g Fat

Meal 3 - Post-Workout

- 1 Whey Protein (2 scoop)
- 1 Medium Banana

Total Macros: 36g Protein, 29.5g carbs, 4g Fat

Meal 4 - Dinner

- 150g Chicken Breast
- Veg
- Low Fat Milk (200ml)
- Whole Grain Rice OR Durum Wheat Pasta OR Beans (full can)

Remaining Macros after Dinner:

Total Macros: /w Rice 24g Protein, 7.7g carbs, 1.5g Fat
Total Macros: /w Pasta 25g Protein, 4.3g carbs, 1.1g Fat
Total Macros: /w Beans 10.5g Protein, -8g carbs, 1.5g Fat

Meal 5 - Evening Meal

- Tuna in Brine (55g Drained) (will try get 100g)

Total Macros: /w Rice 15.1g Protein, 0g carbs, 0.3g Fat

Meal 6 - Hour before bed or so

- 1 Thermobil pill
- 1 CLA pill

Workout Plan:

Planning 4 weights days on Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri. 2 of those days also include Abs work.

Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday will be cardio type stuff mostly. Sat and Sun are special because of my course that I'm doing is very big with exercising so it's very possible I could be doing 3 hours of aerobics on 1 of those days or light weights etc. Rest assured there's approx 3 hours of working each day either way. If 1 day is full of activity I'll take the opposite off, then again both days might have some activity (besides the walking) and will take both off cardio wise etc.

Mon: Chest & Biceps
Tues: Legs & Calves & Abs
Wed: Cardio
Thurs: Back & Triceps
Fri: Shoulders & Abs
Sat: Course stuff / Cardio / Rest
Sun: Course stuff / Cardio / Rest

Monday:
Chest & Biceps:

Flat Bench Press (5-6 sets)
Incline Dumbbell Press (3 sets)
Dumbbell Fly (3 sets)
Cable Crossovers (3 sets)
Push Ups (3 sets)

BB Bicep Curl (2 sets)
Preacher Curl (2 sets)
Concentration Curl (2 sets)

Thoughts on the above choice:

I think the chosen 5 chest exercises are some of the greatest exercises you could possibly take for the chest at targeting the upper lower and inner portions effectively at various angles, it's my firm belief that this will be a great stimulator. The bench press has the biggest focus with the most sets with the other moves a normal 3 sets. I round off the chest by letting the Triceps cooldown unlike before where I always went for Triceps and did them half-heartedly afterwards because they were tired by then anyway, so now the Biceps get my attention on this day and just want to hit them enough to keep them guessing, short but hard!

Tuesday:
Leg & Calves & Abs:

Squats (5-6 sets)
Front Squats (3-4 sets)
RDL / Stiff Legged Deadlift (3 sets)
Leg Press (3 sets)

Calf Raise (3 sets)
Dumbbell Calf Raise (3 sets)

Abs: Hanging Leg Raise, Rollout, Cross-Over DB Step Up, Reverse Crunch and Knee Drops and Dumbbell Reverse Lunge

The above leg moves are some of the greatest growth release stimulants I have come across, that effectively target my lower body all the time: Quads, Hams and Glutes. The 2 Calf exercises have proven to be excellent in growth for me, targetting both the Soleus and Gastronemus with the Calf Raise, while the DB Calf Raise targets the Tibialus Anterior very effectively! I wrap up the day with Ab work that will be hit hard and fast and plentiful reps in a circuit.

Thursday:
Back & Triceps:

Deadlift (5-6 sets)
Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns (3 sets)
Pull Up (3 sets)
Seated Cable Row (3 sets)
Bent-Over BB Rows (3 sets)

Dips - Tricep Variation (3 sets)
Reverse Close Grip Pushdowns (2 sets)
Lying/Incline Dumbbell Tricep Extensions (2 sets)

The above 5 Back exercises are great through my bulk that I've witnessed, and will continue to deploy some of them during this cut. I want to really target my Triceps this time round also with the 3 exercises I've chosen. If you notice closely I'm doing an extra set opposed to the Biceps due to these muscles are bigger and deserve slightly more attention. Like I've mentioned with the Biceps day, having Triceps on a day that doesn't really target them like the Chest should mean I can put more effort into the Tricep exercises this time round, further accomplishing my goal.

Friday:
Shoulders & Abs:

One Arm Side Lateral Raise - Rear (3 sets)
Bent-Over Dumbbell Lateral Raises // Low Pulley Rear Lateral Raise - Rear (3 sets)
Lateral Raises - Medial (3 sets)
Shoulder Shuffles - Medial (3 sets) (not sure of exact name so using my own)
Seated DB Shoulder Press - Front (3 sets)
Front Plate Raises - Front (3 sets)

Abs: Saxon Sidebends, Hanging Knee Raise Twists, Planks, Inverted Row, Jackknife

The way my shoulder routine is worked out is to attack each head with 2 exercises. 2 Rear, followed by 2 medial, followed by 2 frontal. You are in AGONY by the time you get near the end.

Last edited by Dynasty; 11-05-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,478,514, Level: 100 Points: 1,478,514, Level: 100 Points: 1,478,514, Level: 100
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Subbed. Hope to see you hit your goals and then some.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2010, 06:02 AM   #3
Dynasty
Dynasty
the determined
The Irish One
Uber Brawn

Dynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributor

Thanks BtB

Edited main post:
-Stats

Next to add: My Workout Plan

Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2010, 06:13 AM   #4
Dynasty
Dynasty
the determined
The Irish One
Uber Brawn

Framework added of Workout, adding in details sometime later.

Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2010, 06:18 PM   #5
Dynasty
Dynasty
the determined
The Irish One
Uber Brawn

I've taken a good deal of time coming up with my exercise regimen. Many exercises I have been doing in my bulk and keep doing but some new ones have been added in and others replaced. I will try fine tune them as I go through each day of the week and see if I actually can do everything. There is a lot of volume granted but I will tweak things where I see fit.

Any suggestions on the above would be of extreme benefit to me and taken into careful consideration.

Share with Facebook
Old 10-25-2010, 07:16 AM   #6
Dynasty
Dynasty
the determined
The Irish One
Uber Brawn

Today is a bank holiday in Ireland and my gym is personally closed unfortunately. At least I get to test start the diet, just without the virgorous weights schedule, but hey its a day of easing into it I guess, that's how I look at it.

I made a lot cool motivational wall on my door with motivational words all pointing to my diet plan in the center of my door and at the top is the countdown of weeks to my goal ending. It was fun to do and definately will help! I plan a lot when I take on a challenge, because I aim to succeed

Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #7
Dynasty
Dynasty
the determined
The Irish One
Uber Brawn

Tuesday October 26th

(Note: All weight in KGs)

Legs & Calves & Abs:

Squats:

60x8
115x8 (2.30min rest between next)
70x12 (1min rest between next)
70x12

Front Squats:

40x12
70x8 (1min rest between next)
70x8

Stiff Legged Deadlift:

50x12
70x10 (1min rest between next)
70x8 (1min rest between next)
70x7

Leg Press:

60x15
110x10 (1min rest between next)
110x10 (1min rest between next)
110x12

Calf Raise:

75x20 (1min rest between next)
75x20 (1min rest between next)
75x20

Dumbbell Calf Raise:

28x10(1min rest between next)
28x10(1min rest between next)
28x10

Abs Circuit x3: Hanging Leg Raise, Rollout, Cross-Over DB Step Up, Reverse Crunch with Knee Drops.

Comments:

My stomach is growling at the full moon tonight!!!! I kinda messed up with my abs exercises so will change 1 or 2 of them around in forgetting what they were lol.

Also I'm going to try 1 week do my biggest exercise (ie squats) with strength focus, and the other exercises a bit less than max, lets say around 60-70%ish of my usual but focus on more reps. Then the next week make the big exercise more endurance based while the others come up a bit in %. I think that sounds ok? Is it? Reason why I'm thinking this is because they say the more reps you do the better but I know a guy in my gym lost 2 stone weight but his strength went way down, guess he didn't keep his strength training up. I know I wouldn't be able to go max strength every workout with so little cals in me so I think this is a good way to do it... Suggestions be great.

Lastly, Monday was a day off due to bank holiday and gym closed so only this week I'll put in my chest for tomorrow. I'll prob be pretty crappy by end of the week with no real real rest day but its only once.

Last edited by Dynasty; 10-29-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #8
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,478,514, Level: 100 Points: 1,478,514, Level: 100 Points: 1,478,514, Level: 100
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
I think that sounds ok? Is it? Reason why I'm thinking this is because they say the more reps you do the better but I know a guy in my gym lost 2 stone weight but his strength went way down, guess he didn't keep his strength training up.
Sounds like a good approach. I made the mistake the last 3 months of my cut of dropping weight and going for more reps. I lost about 5-10% of my strength.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #9
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 33,335, Level: 100 Points: 33,335, Level: 100 Points: 33,335, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Very strong squats! In for the log and good luck hitting your goals!

Share with Facebook
Old 10-27-2010, 02:39 PM   #10
Dynasty
Dynasty
the determined
The Irish One
Uber Brawn

Cheers BtB And thanks swede for the support

Question I've been pondering. Do you think my split days are effective OR do you think full body 3 times a week would do the trick: 1 leg exercise, 1 chest, 1 back, 1 shoulders and throw in some abs or something.

Share with Facebook