Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources

Notices

Training Resources Workouts, Form Videos, Muscle and Strength Training Articles...everything you need. Forum includes the best posts from the forum.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:07 PM   #1
Bodybygamma
Bodybygamma
No B.S. approach
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
My Mood: Aggressive
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Default Belts

I think this would make a good sticky if I had links for different sites that sell belts :

Elite FTS Economy Belt

Inzer Economy Belt

Inzer Belts

Apts ProWristStaps

Crain's Power Belts

Toro Belt- Titan

Bob's Belts

Cardillo Belts

Last edited by Bodybygamma; 04-03-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #2
onetiredkris
onetiredkris
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

Have any reviews/opinions/preferences/tips?

I've never worn a belt and am considering getting one.

-OTK's LOG-
We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing.

onetiredkris is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2010, 09:05 PM   #3
kman025
kman025
out of shape :)
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72

My Mood: Daring
kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
Have any reviews/opinions/preferences/tips?

I've never worn a belt and am considering getting one.
same.

this has been broughten up in the past and the other people seem to preach inzer for quality/price
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)

Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,479,505, Level: 100 Points: 1,479,505, Level: 100 Points: 1,479,505, Level: 100
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I've used Crain and the belt is custom made. Good quality.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-2010, 01:01 AM   #5
Bodybygamma
Bodybygamma
No B.S. approach
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Inzer economy is good starter belt but hard to get used to for those who never used a power-lifting belt. Very stiff at first, needs to be broken in, also double prong belts are hard to put on and harder to take off, really sucks if its too tight and you can't breathe good to take off.

Crain's belt's look very good, I highly recommend Single Prong if possible with any belt, just easier = better.

1st belt should be relatively cheap but good quality 30-60$ worth. You don't want to invest too much if you don't know what is best for you.Most good belts are made from the combination of leather and suede, making sure they last long. You don't want no cheap nike belt, or valeo belt. IMO even Schiek belts are crap for their price compared to the brands I listed.

Lever belts are very comfortable and easy to put on and off, but a pain to unscrew and re-screw to adjust weight, so good for someone with a steady weight pattern, or for specific lifts that the size is set just right.

Taper belts are good for bodybuilder types who are used to regular belts, but need extra support. Elite Fts has a decent one I own but I like powerlifting belts better. Tapper belts allow a bit more breathing room and a bit more mobility.

8mm vs 13mm is just a matter of thickness, the bigger number being thicker obviously.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #6
Bodybygamma
Bodybygamma
No B.S. approach
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

In addition most company's set the size from the middle prong hole, waist size is not based on pants size,so pull out the measuring tape and stop lying to your self.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #7
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,479,505, Level: 100 Points: 1,479,505, Level: 100 Points: 1,479,505, Level: 100
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
In addition most company's set the size from the middle prong hole, waist size is not based on pants size,so pull out the measuring tape and stop lying to your self.
And measure around the gut, not under it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #8
Shaolinkiwi
Shaolinkiwi
Back to square 1
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35

My Mood: Busy
Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

Great tips / info guys. I've been needing to purchase a belt for a while now and wasn't sure where to start.

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #9
ThickLegs McDeadlift
ThickLegs McDeadlift
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 262, Level: 5 Points: 262, Level: 5 Points: 262, Level: 5
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

My Mood: Mellow
ThickLegs McDeadlift has made some quality postsThickLegs McDeadlift has made some quality postsThickLegs McDeadlift has made some quality postsThickLegs McDeadlift has made some quality postsThickLegs McDeadlift has made some quality postsThickLegs McDeadlift has made some quality posts

I have the elite belt, and I love it.
ThickLegs McDeadlift is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-22-2011, 03:56 PM   #10
tartanite
tartanite
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 182, Level: 3 Points: 182, Level: 3 Points: 182, Level: 3
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 5+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Whey Protien
My Mood: Cynical
tartanite has made some quality poststartanite has made some quality poststartanite has made some quality poststartanite has made some quality poststartanite has made some quality poststartanite has made some quality posts

any one use the EliteFTS belt at a USAPL comp (does it fall into line with there specs/requirements)? There pretty touchy about RAW equipment and i cannot get a hold of any one at EliteFTS to get my question answered (not a knock on Elite, i love there stuff and its probably a good thing there too busy to answer the phones, from a biz stand point)
tartanite is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook