Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:14 AM   #1
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,469,713, Level: 100 Points: 1,469,713, Level: 100 Points: 1,469,713, Level: 100
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Protein Bars

My wife accidentally purchased Powerbar Energy performance bars at the store instead of protein bars.

They look and taste like tar.

On the good side, they only have 230 calories.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2009, 08:15 AM   #2
tim
tim
has no status.
Just dont care any more
Uber Brawn
Points: 856, Level: 15 Points: 856, Level: 15 Points: 856, Level: 15
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Dead
tim is off to a good starttim is off to a good starttim is off to a good starttim is off to a good start

Tar does a body good and comes out looking rather strange o.0

Free arcade script----

Feel free to join our forum and talk about outdoor activities!
***Total Insanity!!! We promote MAB Weekly
tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
meagain
meagain
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 1,052, Level: 17 Points: 1,052, Level: 17 Points: 1,052, Level: 17

My Mood: Crappy
meagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributor

Protein bars save my life when dieting hard, I use them as a 'treat' now and then. I find heating then up on medium in the microwave for a little bit does wonders.
meagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2009, 08:17 AM   #4
meagain
meagain
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 1,052, Level: 17 Points: 1,052, Level: 17 Points: 1,052, Level: 17

My Mood: Crappy
meagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributor

yeah, some people do act as though protein bars are the devil.

I agree they are not ideal, a late of chicken and broccoli would be better - but life isn't perfect. For me, they satisfy my craving for chocolate/junk food - plus are 'on the go food'
meagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2009, 08:17 AM   #5
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,469,713, Level: 100 Points: 1,469,713, Level: 100 Points: 1,469,713, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Yeah, you know, I eat one a day. Some people are very anti-protein bars...but I get sick of eggs/cheese/chicken/tuna.

Clif's are the only bar I can tolerate. I just wish they had more then 20 grams of protein.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2009, 08:17 AM   #6
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

On the go is my main reason. I like to take a bar and a banana when I have to escape the house for extended periods. I WILL NOT ever take a Tupperware container of chicken breast. That is OCD to me.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #7
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I have to give love to a new protein bar I found at Wal-mart. It was cheap (about $1 per bar) so I tried it.

South Beach Living Vanilla Creme Crispy Meal Bar

19 grams of protein, 210 calories, and tastes like a cereal bar. Doesn't have a thick texture like most protein bars. I'm adding this bar to my shopping list again.

Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2009, 12:13 AM   #8
big valsalva
big valsalva
going to deadlift the world
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
My Mood: Cheerful
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
My wife accidentally purchased Powerbar Energy performance bars at the store instead of protein bars.

They look and taste like tar.

On the good side, they only have 230 calories.
I hate to dig up an old thread, but I'm new here and still exploring. Back in the day, Powerbar used to make a decent protein bar (not the energy bar). I think it was called Powerbar Protein Plus. It was thick and chewy with a brownie like costinsancy. Then for some reason they swiched to a more cookie like bar. I hated those. The old style was great. I used to eat two a day. Talk about bad farts though.

big val
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2009, 06:28 AM   #9
bwys61
bwys61
can i get a status
Austin Simply Fit #1
Max Brawn
Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
My Mood: Amused
bwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machine

Try a Crunch bar from Medifast, which is part of the Take Shape for Life Program

110 Calories
11grams of protein

and they taste great.

Its the perfect snack
bwys61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2009, 07:41 AM   #10
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
I hate to dig up an old thread, but I'm new here and still exploring. Back in the day, Powerbar used to make a decent protein bar (not the energy bar). I think it was called Powerbar Protein Plus. It was thick and chewy with a brownie like costinsancy. Then for some reason they swiched to a more cookie like bar. I hated those. The old style was great. I used to eat two a day. Talk about bad farts though.

big val
No threads are too old around here

I didn't care for that cookie like bar either. It was just as bad as some of those pasty old school Met RX bars.

Share with Facebook