Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:24 AM   #1
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,551,268, Level: 100 Points: 1,551,268, Level: 100 Points: 1,551,268, Level: 100
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Congrats to LTL

Congrats for an 8 for 9 weekend:

Quote:
Went 8/9.

290kg squat (27.5kg PB)
210kg bench (27.5kg PB)
242.5kg pull (10kg PB)
742.5kg total (65kg PB)

It was loooong though. Didn't get home until 8:15pm.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2014, 08:32 AM   #2
Beverly McD
Beverly McD
Texas
Max Brawn
Points: 2,218, Level: 28 Points: 2,218, Level: 28 Points: 2,218, Level: 28
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: Since 1987
Training Type: Powerlifting
My Mood: Amused
Beverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machine

Good day! Congratulations.
Beverly McD is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2014, 08:51 AM   #3
Thorney
Thorney
likes to lift heavy stuff
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,410, Level: 21 Points: 1,410, Level: 21 Points: 1,410, Level: 21
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 21 months
Fav Exercise: deadlifts
Fav Supp: steak
My Mood: Cheerful
Thorney is a dedicated contributorThorney is a dedicated contributorThorney is a dedicated contributorThorney is a dedicated contributorThorney is a dedicated contributorThorney is a dedicated contributorThorney is a dedicated contributorThorney is a dedicated contributorThorney is a dedicated contributorThorney is a dedicated contributorThorney is a dedicated contributor

Nice lifting brother
Thorney is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2014, 09:24 AM   #4
afraziaaaa
afraziaaaa
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 2,977, Level: 33 Points: 2,977, Level: 33 Points: 2,977, Level: 33
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Whey Protein
afraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machine

Great work.
afraziaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2014, 10:58 AM   #5
bruteforce
bruteforce
is Mr. Competitor
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,480, Level: 80 Points: 15,480, Level: 80 Points: 15,480, Level: 80
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

awesome work Al!

Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #6
TDawg75
TDawg75
All Pro Fatback
Team Koolaid Man
Max Brawn
Points: 3,495, Level: 36 Points: 3,495, Level: 36 Points: 3,495, Level: 36

Training Exp: since 5/15/13
Fav Exercise: buffet plate carry
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
My Mood: Mellow
TDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machine

Damn strong performance! Great job, Ltl.

Gym pr's- bench 330, DL 405, squat 450
Meet pr's- bench 350, dl 425, squat tbd
My new training log- http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17510
TDawg75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2014, 11:18 AM   #7
brad1224
brad1224
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 5,286, Level: 46 Points: 5,286, Level: 46 Points: 5,286, Level: 46
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Cake Of Chaos Champion!
brad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machine

oh wow great numbers brotha

congrats!

***AAEFX REP***

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com
brad1224 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2014, 12:04 PM   #8
Davis
Davis
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41

Training Exp: 1 day
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: More deadlifts
Davis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beast

Awesome lifts, man!
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2014, 01:50 PM   #9
LtL
LtL
is loving life.
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,871, Level: 100 Points: 36,871, Level: 100 Points: 36,871, Level: 100
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Thanks guys. Still absolutely buzzing from yesterday. Will post a write-up later tonight.
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #10
LtL
LtL
is loving life.
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,871, Level: 100 Points: 36,871, Level: 100 Points: 36,871, Level: 100
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Meet write-up part 1

Weighed in on Saturday at 99.3kg and started the process of gaining the weight back. By the time I left for Birmingham at 4pm I was already back up to 101. Had two dinners with the team just to make sure of the weight and then got an early night.

Sunday morning I woke early and hit the breakfast buffet just before it opened. Three plates of food and four coffees later I felt like I had my money's worth and was ready to head to the meet. A short drive and we found the gym right next to a McDonald's so we stopped for another coffee and some oatmeal. Got to the venue at 9am ish and got my bearings. Helped some of our lightweight lifters and waited for my flight (3rd) to come up. I started warming up as flight 2 went out to start and moved slowly up through the weights. Got my briefs on early @140kg and then took 190kg in suit bottom. Didn't push for depth and came up fast from the sticking point but I fell forward at the top. Nothing to worry about, just came up too fast except it happened again @220 which I took with wraps and straps down. One of our guys had me set-up further under the bar for my last warm-up. I hit 250kg with straps up. Went about 3/4 of the way down and then flew up. Held it at the top and racked nicely. Sorted. Moved through to the platform and got my game face on. Problem number 2: there was a 10minute break between flights. Nothing I could do so I just out my track suit on, my hood up and tried to relax. Soon enough my flight was announced. I already knew I was the only equipped lifter but I was a bit shocked to find out that although the flight had 9 or 10 lifters in, only 7 were full power. This was going to be quick. I was up 6th and the guys in front of me weren't wrapping so I got set 2 lifters out and was too early. The guy before me WAS wrapping and was slow. Damn. Tried to keep blood in my legs and soon I was up. Had Andy (coach) call my depth so I knew I would be in. Unracked strong, started but went down too slow, suit locked up and no up call. Damn. I inched further and further down, my head was exploding, finally I got the call and came up. A slow rep but never in doubt. Stood tall, rack command, three whites and I'm in the meet. Stuck to the plan and went 290 for my second. My handler barely had enough time to roll my wraps before it was time to go again. This time I was ready a bit late but no worries. I set-up, looked around, shit! No Andy!!! We had gone through the flight so quickly he wasn't ready. I was on my own. Unracked, start command and this time I went down faster. Still controlled but faster. I went to what I thought was depth, then a little bit more and came up. The squat was FAST so I thought I was high. Nope. Whites again and I'm 2/2. Called for 300 and sat back down. Again the flight went very quickly and I was wrapped in perfect time. Hit the salts, got a slap and hit the platform. As I went to unrack the bar didn't feel right on my back. I think it took three attempts to get it out but I stood up and got a start command. As I started my descent I felt my weight on my toes, I tried to sit back but couldn't correct. I jumped my up call by a half second but fell forward coming out of the hole and called for the spotters to take it. I was frustrated because I had the strength for that lift but failed on technical issues. Still, I was CRAZY nervous coming in and 290kg was a 42.5kg PB so plenty to be happy about. Time to get some food, rest and get ready for bench.
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook