Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:49 PM   #1
Mrinda87
Mrinda87
Snowed in and browsing the forums..
Brawn
Points: 902, Level: 16 Points: 902, Level: 16 Points: 902, Level: 16
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Fav Exercise: Overhead press
My Mood: Blah
Mrinda87 has made some good postsMrinda87 has made some good postsMrinda87 has made some good postsMrinda87 has made some good postsMrinda87 has made some good postsMrinda87 has made some good postsMrinda87 has made some good postsMrinda87 has made some good posts
Default Poor appetite cures anyone?

I normally have to force myself to eat when not hungry to be in a surplus( a very slight one too). Past few weeks I got sickk of force feeding myself and ate by feel when I was hungry ...lost 4 lbs and feel weaker in the gym. Anyone else have to pretty much force themselves to eat to stay on top of their game? Any tips?
Mrinda87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2014, 12:21 AM   #2
Dray
Dray
is getting stronger
Max Brawn
Points: 9,450, Level: 65 Points: 9,450, Level: 65 Points: 9,450, Level: 65
Activity: 85% Activity: 85% Activity: 85%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: cgbp
Fav Supp: rare steak
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Eat lots of tasty, high-calorie foods where possible. This will certainly make you gain weight, one way or another, for better or worse...

Also, if you need to "force feed" yourself somewhat to begin with, that's fine - we are creatures of habit, after all, so every change we make will probably take a while to adapt to. But you will - it's what we do.

So, if gaining/maintaining extra weight is important to you, keep both those things in mind (is my advice): eat tasty "gainy" foods (that preferably look and smell nice as well!) at least some of the time, and don't worry if it feels uncomfortable or even "unnatural" for a while (eating more). Persevere.

Gym PRs: Squat 160kg/352.7lbs, Bench 112.5kg/248lbs, Deadlift 220kg/485lbs, Strict Press 72.5kg/159.8lbs

My new training log
Dray is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 03-01-2014, 01:41 AM   #3
Kag94
Kag94
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,679, Level: 23 Points: 1,679, Level: 23 Points: 1,679, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Sqwartz
Fav Supp: Caffeine
Kag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good posts

I eventually always adopt to it. I know getting 4250 over Christmas break was tough at first then once school started and I drooped back Down I was starving. Now I'm getting full at 3250.
Some tips. Eat when hungry
Try motto force feed
Eat ginger, pineapple,etc...
Don't drink a ton of water with meals.
Enjoy your food!! Eat stuff you like

Share with Facebook
Old 03-01-2014, 06:08 AM   #4
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 33,381, Level: 100 Points: 33,381, Level: 100 Points: 33,381, Level: 100
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Good advice from Dray.

Its like training, you will get bettar at eating the more you practice. Its the hardest part for alot of people.

Try adding a small snack of about 3-500 cals once a day. Then twice. Or drink alot of milk with all your meal.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-01-2014, 08:41 AM   #5
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn
Points: 13,661, Level: 76 Points: 13,661, Level: 76 Points: 13,661, Level: 76
Activity: 46% Activity: 46% Activity: 46%

Training Exp: On and off for 15 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Doubtful
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

1. Eat dirty. The best advice for someone who over eats is for them to eat healthy, because eating healthy, whole foods makes it really hard to over eat. You're the opposite, so stop eating so damn healthy. Dirty foods are easy to eat, that why fatties keep getting fatter.

2. Sneak in the calories. If you check the calorie counts at restaurants you'll probably be shocked at how many calories their dishes have compared to the same dish if you made it yourself. The sneak in all sorts of things to make it more tasty, which ups the calories too. The big 3 are butter, oil, and cheese. Cook everything in butter and/or oil (olive and coconut are the healthiest), then cover it in cheese. Peanut butter is awesome too. Almost any food you eat can be smothered in cheese or peanut butter to instantly add tons of calories.

Make your protein goals. After that, do whatever it takes to get the calories in, even if you have to go dirty.
Goals-
Win.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 03-01-2014, 10:10 AM   #6
jdmalm123
jdmalm123
one rep is plenty!
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 12,925, Level: 74 Points: 12,925, Level: 74 Points: 12,925, Level: 74
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot Champion!
Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
My Mood: Yeehaw
jdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite member

I always had to force food...drinking milk between meals helped me and aids in hydration....you need extra fluids when you eat extra food. You're body will resist food if you don't have enough water to process it. Milk is water with protein in it!

It's taken me a focused effort from 2008 to now to begin to "naturally" eat above maintenance.
"If you're not taking any risks, don't expect any rewards."

Last edited by jdmalm123; 03-02-2014 at 11:46 AM.
jdmalm123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-02-2014, 02:28 PM   #7
JumpmanRugs
JumpmanRugs
I work, you sleep!
Max Brawn
Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4 years
Fav Exercise: Squat / Deadlift
Fav Supp: Motivation
My Mood: Happy
JumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
It's taken me a focused effort from 2008 to now to begin to "naturally" eat above maintenance.
I'm the same. 2010 in my eating disorder days I thought 1000 calories a day was impossible, no word of a lie. Now I have to moniter what I eat because of all my training, I could easily hit 4k a day no drama.

It'll come to you dude, just do it one step at a time. Cook with real butter, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil in your shakes. I'm kind of an expert in this because of the whole anorexia / bulimia, so any help needed pounding stuff in gimme a shout!
JumpmanRugs is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 03-01-2014, 08:29 PM   #8
BravenFenix
BravenFenix
is after a x8 BW total
Max Brawn
Points: 2,682, Level: 31 Points: 2,682, Level: 31 Points: 2,682, Level: 31
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 04/2013
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Flavorless Whey
My Mood: Lurking
BravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributor

liquid calories or a lot or white rice and butter. If you are already getting enough fiber just go white. But shakes are by far the best way to go if you have problems eating. My favorite is Whole milk, any nut butter, honey, banana, a little bit of vanilla extract. Tweak it around and you'll find what you would love. They can go for several hundred calories easy.
BravenFenix is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #9
JumpmanRugs
JumpmanRugs
I work, you sleep!
Max Brawn
Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4 years
Fav Exercise: Squat / Deadlift
Fav Supp: Motivation
My Mood: Happy
JumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributor

My gainer is as follows;

2 x Scoops of Whey
50g x Ground Oats
80g x Spinach
50g x Frozen Blueberries
400ml x Whole Milk
30ml x Olive Oil

Roughly around 1000 calories and tastes great (Obviously depending on the Whey you use)
JumpmanRugs is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-06-2014, 03:09 PM   #10
JP88
JP88
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 109, Level: 2 Points: 109, Level: 2 Points: 109, Level: 2
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 7+
Fav Exercise: Lunges and chest fly's
Fav Supp: Too many to choose from
JP88 is off to a good startJP88 is off to a good startJP88 is off to a good startJP88 is off to a good start

Yup, hardgainer right here. I remember downing boxes of pasta with 1/2 the box forcing myself to eat it to just maintain where I was at haha.

Now a much easier approach is to have loaded protein shakes. I'll put in:

1-2 scoops whey
1 cup almond/ coconut milk
1 cup water
2 tablespoons flax seed
2 uni-liver pills
1-2 tablespoons peanut butter
1-2 bananas
1 apple
1/2 to 1 cup dried oats
1 cup plain yogurt
handful Frozen blueberries (if on sale)

Blend it all up and down it! It's like 1500+ calories, all great calories.

Have 2 of these/ day on top of your regular meals and boom, you have a nice 5,000 calorie daily intake.
JP88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook