Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself to the Muscle and Brawn Community

Old 01-06-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
preciso
preciso
is spanish for "suck it"
Brawn
Points: 335, Level: 6 Points: 335, Level: 6 Points: 335, Level: 6
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: deadlift
Fav Supp: CLP
My Mood: Tired
preciso has made some quality postspreciso has made some quality postspreciso has made some quality postspreciso has made some quality postspreciso has made some quality postspreciso has made some quality posts
Default hi there

Hi! new guy here; I apologize in advance for this post because it may be a little content-rich and stream of consciousness-like , but Ive been holding some stuff inside for a while. You very well may be seeing and hearing of me in the future, as I have a all or nothing mentality when it comes to my endeavors.

Going to use this forum primarily as a source of motivation and info; as Ive been out of the lifting scene since the late 90's. Somewhat egotistically, I also think I can be of benefit to others, in that Ive always believed mine was a service-based life.

Im 42, male, and for the past few years Ive creeped into unhealthy territory, mostly high BP,and cholesterol, belly fat, the semi-annual throwing out of the back, etc.
Ive always been, and still am, recreationally active and still have a decent amount of muscle mass on my frame from back when I used to workout and do manual labor in my 20's. That plus my acreage I live on keeps me fairly active. Im 5'11.5", weigh 245 and have prob 25-ish % body fat.

I started walking/running in the beginning of October 2013, after i tossed my Copenhagen can in the trash at my Doctors office, looking to replace one addiction with a healthier one.

I initially wanted to start running, knowing of the addictive nature that could be. Plus- I fricking hate running. with a passion. hate it. So yeah, there was a challenge in it for me.

Long story short was that i started kinda beating up my legs and feet, and started developing plantar fasciitis symptoms, and realized that my 42yo tendons and joints werent acting like they used to, 20 years and 30 pounds ago.

So I started more low impact cardio/fat burning like elliptical and the recumbent bike, and try to walk 2 miles 4-5 days a week. This Im still doing.

Things werent progressing fast enough for me, but understandably so, because Im an impatient sob. (working on it).

So, I joined a fairly comfy, old school-ish gym, looked around for a good lifting program and found that Steve's Long cycle beginners program really appealed to my scientific mind.

So Im in the 3rd week of that and just about 8 weeks of lifting total. Love the pump Im feeling 3x a week now; cant believe i let it go this long.

Gaining weight rather than losing it, but thats probably because ive been taking protein 3xweek after lifting.

My current state of thought is that i condition my muscles, get my core strong, and use an increase of muscle mass to help crowd out the fat, and then slowly ramp up the higher impact cardio stuff as well as diet-based fat loss. My intention wasnt to get big or muscled, just strong, lean and fit, but Im content just riding this train and taking it where it leads.

Why am I really doing this? Because I can, and it pleases me. If I keep it general, Ill never have a reason not to continue.
preciso is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2014, 10:56 AM   #2
Hunterace
Hunterace
is mental!!!
I'm quitting next week!
Max Brawn
Points: 17,118, Level: 83 Points: 17,118, Level: 83 Points: 17,118, Level: 83
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Welcome !

~~~2 Chronicles 15:7 ~~~
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.

!!!MY HEAD HURTS!!!
My Training Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sho...734#post494734
Hunterace is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2014, 10:57 AM   #3
syn
syn
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 3,896, Level: 39 Points: 3,896, Level: 39 Points: 3,896, Level: 39
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Supp: coffee
My Mood: Buzzed
syn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machine

welcome aboard, good luck with your journey!
syn is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #4
1morerep
1morerep
is in a mission
Max Brawn
Points: 5,041, Level: 45 Points: 5,041, Level: 45 Points: 5,041, Level: 45
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Yeehaw
1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast

Welcome to the board...w/ that intro, you are really very "PRECISO"...Enjoy MaB!

540/385/515 (previous meet)

http://www.metalmilitia-va.com/

Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go!!!

1MOREREP 2014
1morerep is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #5
bamazav
bamazav
Dog House Training, home of the Walker Dips!Geezers Rule!
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,141, Level: 96 Points: 26,141, Level: 96 Points: 26,141, Level: 96
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
My Mood: Amazed
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Welcome. Start a log so we all can follow your journey.

2014 100%RAW American Challenge, May 31, 2014:
Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR
Total - 843 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2014, 11:58 AM   #6
ravimolasaria
ravimolasaria
Wanted to be as strong as a polar bear ...
Max Brawn
Points: 25,262, Level: 95 Points: 25,262, Level: 95 Points: 25,262, Level: 95
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Welcome to MAB brother ...

Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2014, 01:51 PM   #8
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Hi

Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2014, 07:23 PM   #9
preciso
preciso
is spanish for "suck it"
Brawn
Points: 335, Level: 6 Points: 335, Level: 6 Points: 335, Level: 6
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Supp: CLP
My Mood: Tired
preciso has made some quality postspreciso has made some quality postspreciso has made some quality postspreciso has made some quality postspreciso has made some quality postspreciso has made some quality posts

Thanks for the welcome; I will start a log. Is there a template or anything thats popular, like a spreadsheet, for log entries?
preciso is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2014, 09:30 PM   #10
1morerep
1morerep
is in a mission
Max Brawn
Points: 5,041, Level: 45 Points: 5,041, Level: 45 Points: 5,041, Level: 45
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast

Not really. Just make entries just like you are talking to us now. Ck other logs to have an idea. Basically is...

* Curl in the squat rack

3 x 10000lbs x 20 ...or something like this...

540/385/515 (previous meet)

http://www.metalmilitia-va.com/

Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go!!!

1MOREREP 2014
1morerep is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook