Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
JumpmanRugs
JumpmanRugs
I work, you sleep!
Max Brawn
Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squat / Deadlift
Fav Supp: Motivation
My Mood: Happy
JumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributor
Default BCAAs

Are they worth it?

Do you feel they work to aid your training?

I've never used them, and was wondering the benefits? Are they really worth it?

Experiences using them? Any feedback would be great, thanks.
JumpmanRugs is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
HumanHorrorFilm
HumanHorrorFilm
has no status.
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn
Points: 7,812, Level: 59 Points: 7,812, Level: 59 Points: 7,812, Level: 59
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

My Mood: Aggressive
HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

I must be honest, i felt that Xtend helped recovery tremendously, but budgetary concerns rendered my unable to get it often.
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Reigning Undisputed MAB Beard Champion

HumanHorrorFilm is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 33,321, Level: 100 Points: 33,321, Level: 100 Points: 33,321, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

I have 30 grams together with 110 grams of complex carbs and electrolytes intra workout. Works well, keeps my energylevels stable for hours.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
miked96
miked96
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 12,428, Level: 72 Points: 12,428, Level: 72 Points: 12,428, Level: 72
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%

My Mood: Relaxed
miked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master member

I used to be skeptical but I do feel better when I drink them during a session. The Hydramino product is excellent.
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
HumanHorrorFilm
HumanHorrorFilm
has no status.
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn

HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

When I had the coin, i used to drink Xtend during the day, all day, then intra WO.

Shit was sick, but not sustainable unless I was rich
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,477,850, Level: 100 Points: 1,477,850, Level: 100 Points: 1,477,850, Level: 100
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I see little downside to their usage. They provide some form of nutrition, can only increase recovery, and it's nice to have something around to drink with taste that isn't a soda.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #7
HumanHorrorFilm
HumanHorrorFilm
has no status.
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn

I maintain it also helps water intake.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #8
Ryano
Ryano
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 5,801, Level: 49 Points: 5,801, Level: 49 Points: 5,801, Level: 49
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

Just drink a quality protein drink. It has all the BCAA's you need. IMO

Share with Facebook
Old 11-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #9
Proteinshake03
Proteinshake03
has no status.
EFX-AllNattyBro
New Brawn
Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Proteinshake03 is off to a good startProteinshake03 is off to a good startProteinshake03 is off to a good startProteinshake03 is off to a good start

I am all for BCAA's and have been for nearly a decade now. I consume them multiple times a day, but especially intra workout! I feel they help keep the muscles a little fuller, definitely enhance recovery and help delay/prevent muscle fatigue. I use AI Sports RecoverPro..great price point and great product.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #10
bgben3
bgben3
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 2,245, Level: 28 Points: 2,245, Level: 28 Points: 2,245, Level: 28

bgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good posts

I think BCAA's are worth it, its a supplement that has been around for many years. I especially find it helpful during contest prep
NGA Natural Pro Body Builder
bgben3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook