Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:34 PM   #1
jopp
jopp
I am weird
Brawn
Points: 1,530, Level: 22 Points: 1,530, Level: 22 Points: 1,530, Level: 22
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Exp: 1 year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: meat
My Mood: Inspired
jopp has made some very good postsjopp has made some very good postsjopp has made some very good postsjopp has made some very good postsjopp has made some very good postsjopp has made some very good postsjopp has made some very good postsjopp has made some very good postsjopp has made some very good postsjopp has made some very good postsjopp has made some very good posts
Default John Broz Powerlifting routine

John Broz is an Olympic weightlifting coach who was created some beast. This is the Powerlfting program that he created. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2013-09-12 at 11.24.47 PM.png
Views:	35
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	11037
Do you think that this could work for a powerlifter?
Age 18
Weight 184

"Living with integrity is hard but it also breads true happiness because you can go to sleep every night with a clear mind."

You need to Build, Do not test all of the time.

Sometimes your strongest attribute becomes an obstacle

Training log- http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sho...026#post490026
jopp is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,477,244, Level: 100 Points: 1,477,244, Level: 100 Points: 1,477,244, Level: 100
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I ran daily maxes for over 2 years. Worked well for me. I squatted and benched multiple times per week, and used deadlift variations.

Not something I recommend for guys who don't have quality form, or who don't know how to make minor programming adjustments based on feedback.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 09-14-2013 at 08:00 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 09-14-2013, 05:20 AM   #3
afraziaaaa
afraziaaaa
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 2,829, Level: 32 Points: 2,829, Level: 32 Points: 2,829, Level: 32
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Whey Protein
afraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machine

It could yield good results if everything is dialed in, especially recovery. From what I have read, A lot of european/russian lifters train this way or similar.

If you are thinking about doing it, give it a go and see how it works for you. Eat well and sleep well!
afraziaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,477,244, Level: 100 Points: 1,477,244, Level: 100 Points: 1,477,244, Level: 100
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I will add that I felt like I could squat 6 days a week, but was making great progress on 2-3 days per week. I saw no personal reason to squat more. When I began the program my squat was around 500. Near the end it was closer to 670.

It was extremely mentally challenging. That was the hardest part for me.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #5
jopp
jopp
I am weird
Brawn

jopp has made some very good postsjopp has made some very good postsjopp has made some very good postsjopp has made some very good postsjopp has made some very good postsjopp has made some very good postsjopp has made some very good postsjopp has made some very good postsjopp has made some very good postsjopp has made some very good postsjopp has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I will add that I felt like I could squat 6 days a week, but was making great progress on 2-3 days per week. I saw no personal reason to squat more. When I began the program my squat was around 500. Near the end it was closer to 670.

It was extremely mentally challenging. That was the hardest part for me.
How was your recovery during the time that you did this? Did you stay in a caloric surplus?
Age 18
Weight 184

"Living with integrity is hard but it also breads true happiness because you can go to sleep every night with a clear mind."

Share with Facebook
Old 09-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #6
Soldier
Soldier
gets crabby on low carb days.
Max Brawn
Points: 13,608, Level: 75 Points: 13,608, Level: 75 Points: 13,608, Level: 75
Activity: 39% Activity: 39% Activity: 39%

Training Exp: On and off for 15 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Doubtful
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

You're 17. If you want to try extremely high frequency, high intensity training then this is the time. Just go into it know that it might work great, might work ok, or might not work at all. Broz has made some extremely strong people, so there's got to be something to what he's doing.
Goals-
Win.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #7
jopp
jopp
I am weird
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
You're 17. If you want to try extremely high frequency, high intensity training then this is the time. Just go into it know that it might work great, might work ok, or might not work at all. Broz has made some extremely strong people, so there's got to be something to what he's doing.
I know what you are saying and that is what I was thinking when I was looking at it. I love lifting an just being in the gym so I figured why not. Before I go into it I am planning on doing fullbody 3 days a week, would this be good or is there a better way you think to do it.
Age 18
Weight 184

Share with Facebook