Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
JumpmanRugs
JumpmanRugs
I work, you sleep!
Max Brawn
Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squat / Deadlift
Fav Supp: Motivation
My Mood: Happy
JumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributor
Default Nutrition help!

Okay, so I've just read this article I found on here

http://muscleandbrawn.com/bulldozer-...ulking-system/

And was wondering if anybody has tried it? If i'm being truthful I get very bored with bulking / cutting diets, so this is perfect for me. I hate not seeing strength gains and size gains, and yet on this cut (I feel like I've cut a bit too drastically, and too fast) and I feel like I've lost a little strength.

I wanted to drop some bodyfat, and at first I felt great eating really well and cutting my calories, and now I feel less excited by it (despite being an overly motivated person) and craving a lot more. I want to see size increase, but stay lean and lose fat. I think right now I'm around 10%, but I want to be 8% by the season I think. Trouble is, I feel great at the weight I am now, and felt even better at 202lbs! At 202lbs (It was a drastic increase, about 14lbs in approximately 2 months, and not tracking anything, just going off what I felt) I felt fantastic, but I felt different on court and like I was a step off (Could be due to lack of playing ude to moving house and working mad hours / finishing my dissertation and my exhibition).

I don't really know what I want to do with my nutrition right now, although I feel like I have answered my own question perhaps?

So to break it down:
  1. I get bored easily with bulking and cutting
  2. Felt great eating loads and being heavier
  3. Felt fantastic at the start of my cut, not so excited now (Carbs weren't drastically low, around 150-200 grams because of my work load)
  4. Eating disorders from my past have me a bit dubious about consuming larger amounts of fat, despite the fact I know exactly what I'm doing.
  5. I feel a million times better on court and off when I'm at my strongest, not when I'm lower strength / low fat. Bit of a catch 22 really as I want to be mad lean too.

I know what I'm doing guys I promise, just a bit confused and need help refocusing with it really.

Any help? Maybe this was just me venting, I dunno really.

Thanks for reading this junk lol!
JumpmanRugs is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 33,773, Level: 100 Points: 33,773, Level: 100 Points: 33,773, Level: 100
Activity: 38% Activity: 38% Activity: 38%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
I feel great at the weight I am now, and felt even better at 202lbs! At 202lbs (It was a drastic increase, about 14lbs in approximately 2 months, and not tracking anything, just going off what I felt) I felt fantastic
You say it yourself here. You are a tall fella at 6'2 and have long limbs, I have the same body composition and I guess you have a high metabolism aswell?

Also you are a ballplayer and a lifter, If I were you, I would just eat eat eat! Try to focus on recovery instead of what you weigh. Do you feel recovered when you play or at the gym? Are you gaining strength? Make that your priority at the dinner table and I think things will pretty much come together by itself.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
JumpmanRugs
JumpmanRugs
I work, you sleep!
Max Brawn

JumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
You say it yourself here. You are a tall fella at 6'2 and have long limbs, I have the same body composition and I guess you have a high metabolism aswell?

Also you are a ballplayer and a lifter, If I were you, I would just eat eat eat! Try to focus on recovery instead of what you weigh. Do you feel recovered when you play or at the gym? Are you gaining strength? Make that your priority at the dinner table and I think things will pretty much come together by itself.
My metabolism is ridiculiously fast, annoying and very expensive sometimes lol!

I do feel recovered when I'm eating a bit more (obviously eating cleanly) and I was gaining strength, and even was at the start of my cut, but now I don't feel so strong at all. Just seems to have dropped.

I think you're right in terms of recovery, I won't become a fatty and my BF % won't really increase because of my work load, but recovery and taking care of my body has to come first. I can be mad strong without having to be aesthetic as such (I think this is a bother for me based on my eating disorders and mental illnesses in the past), so long as my BF stays pretty low (Not bodybuilder low, but you know what sort of low I mean)

Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 33,773, Level: 100 Points: 33,773, Level: 100 Points: 33,773, Level: 100
Activity: 38% Activity: 38% Activity: 38%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanRugs View Post
My metabolism is ridiculiously fast, annoying and very expensive sometimes lol!

I do feel recovered when I'm eating a bit more (obviously eating cleanly) and I was gaining strength, and even was at the start of my cut, but now I don't feel so strong at all. Just seems to have dropped.

I think you're right in terms of recovery, I won't become a fatty and my BF % won't really increase because of my work load, but recovery and taking care of my body has to come first. I can be mad strong without having to be aesthetic as such (I think this is a bother for me based on my eating disorders and mental illnesses in the past), so long as my BF stays pretty low (Not bodybuilder low, but you know what sort of low I mean)
Im the same and I know how expensive It can get. Also I know you will have to eat very very dirty to became fat, considering all your activity I think its very unlikely! =)

Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #5
moeheep
moeheep
wants a 900lb Total
Max Brawn
Points: 9,453, Level: 65 Points: 9,453, Level: 65 Points: 9,453, Level: 65
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
My Mood: Amazed
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

I have used the Bulldozing Bulking Syatem and had good luck with it.

NOW...I have different circumstances than you, I am 50 yrs old, much slower metabolism, and I am a former fatty...so traditional Bulks dont go over very well with me.

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #6
JumpmanRugs
JumpmanRugs
I work, you sleep!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Im the same and I know how expensive It can get. Also I know you will have to eat very very dirty to became fat, considering all your activity I think its very unlikely! =)
THat's true bud, I think it's just me wanting everything all at once and my history of severe eating disorders make me feel that way sometimes (OP). It's funny, I understand how everything works, what I'm doing and how i work, yet I still want things faster when I know it won't happen lol. Nevermind aye! Back to red meats and eating what I like really. I'm still eating clean but eating more calories really, more carbs for the most part, with some more protein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeheep View Post
I have used the Bulldozing Bulking Syatem and had good luck with it.

NOW...I have different circumstances than you, I am 50 yrs old, much slower metabolism, and I am a former fatty...so traditional Bulks dont go over very well with me.
I am considering it, but not 100% yet. I migh try it and see how my body responds performance wise for basketball, then go again.

Haha you're good man, I know VERY FEW (1, maybe 2) in the shape you are in at your age!

Share with Facebook