Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health > Challenge Forum

Notices

Challenge Forum Give these challenges a try, see how you stack up. Post your videos!

Old 07-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #1
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,522,296, Level: 100 Points: 1,522,296, Level: 100 Points: 1,522,296, Level: 100
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Warrior Spirit Challenge

Time for something a little different....

The Warrior Spirit Challenge

This is an epic journey, one the warrior chooses. It must not be an easy journey. This challenge should test you and push you to your limits. Do you have the will to see this journey through?

A Warrior Spirit Challenge should change you. It should test you in ways you can't predict. You will want to quit. There will be dark days.

What is your warrior journey? What is the single challenge that is calling you, but that eludes you? What mountain stands before you unconquered?

A 600 pound squat? Weight loss, for once and for all? The bodybuilding stage? Recapturing your health and vigor?

You pick the challenge. You detail the challenge. You make the journey.

What challenge has been calling you? What challenge do you know will change you? What victory is eluding you?

================================================== ============

Detail your challenge here. Start/rededicate a training log.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 07-05-2013 at 11:08 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2013, 01:00 AM   #2
JPPrice
JPPrice
is working to break down the door to the 2,000 club.
Brawn
Points: 374, Level: 7 Points: 374, Level: 7 Points: 374, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 17
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: None
JPPrice has made some very good postsJPPrice has made some very good postsJPPrice has made some very good postsJPPrice has made some very good postsJPPrice has made some very good postsJPPrice has made some very good postsJPPrice has made some very good postsJPPrice has made some very good postsJPPrice has made some very good postsJPPrice has made some very good postsJPPrice has made some very good posts

I've been heavy all my life, but always been athletic and strong so I "got away with" being overweight. Now I'm 29, starting to feel the wear and tear of being fatter than I should be and need to make a change. I've gotten down to my goal weight once before and put it all back on in a matter of a year. Right now I'm 325 with a 1857 Raw PL total. My Warrior Spirit Challenge is to do a long healthy cut from 325 to 275 class and total 1900 in October, then 2000 in February. The real challenge is staying there the rest of my life. Look forward to reading everyone's personal challenges.

Steve, what's your challenge to yourself? The 2k total?
JPPrice is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2013, 01:43 AM   #3
Dray
Dray
is squatting again! : )
Max Brawn
Points: 10,002, Level: 66 Points: 10,002, Level: 66 Points: 10,002, Level: 66
Activity: 55% Activity: 55% Activity: 55%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: squat
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

/sig

@ 100kg (or more) lean bw, "natty"

My training log
Dray is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,522,296, Level: 100 Points: 1,522,296, Level: 100 Points: 1,522,296, Level: 100
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPPrice View Post

Steve, what's your challenge to yourself? The 2k total?
Honestly I think the journey I've been on has been my warrior spirit challenge. It is hard to describe the mental struggle, as well as the trust required in the process.

This has changed me. I am going things I thought impossible. Training heavy, injury free, and getting stronger each day.

I will have a new challenge come July 21st (post-meet). That challenge will be to develop the level of conditioning I had at the age of 20, and back it with nutrition that is athlete friendly - meaning no longer feeding just to build strength.

I want to be in good shape - to do whatever I choose on a given day. Bike, hike, run. While maintaining a solid amount of muscle and strength.

A lot of my next challenge has to do with balance.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #5
ChrisTheViking
ChrisTheViking
Don't you know you're supposed to let the Viking win?
Brawn
Points: 1,142, Level: 18 Points: 1,142, Level: 18 Points: 1,142, Level: 18
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Supp: Juggernaut HP
My Mood: Cool
ChrisTheViking has made some good postsChrisTheViking has made some good postsChrisTheViking has made some good postsChrisTheViking has made some good postsChrisTheViking has made some good postsChrisTheViking has made some good postsChrisTheViking has made some good postsChrisTheViking has made some good postsChrisTheViking has made some good postsChrisTheViking has made some good postsChrisTheViking has made some good posts
Default Warrior Spirit Challenge

I have two challenges I want to complete. Before December 31 of this year I want to be around 250 lbs.

Secondly, I want to complete the SEAL benchpress challenge. 135 lbs bench for 10 reps followed immediately by 20 situps for 30 rounds.
ChrisTheViking is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2013, 01:52 AM   #6
EliteDreams
EliteDreams
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,659, Level: 73 Points: 12,659, Level: 73 Points: 12,659, Level: 73
Activity: 40% Activity: 40% Activity: 40%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
My Mood: Asleep
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

In for the long haul, with Thickdick Mcmonstercock:

My circumstances are better than others, but worse than some. In spite of this, I'm putting all personal things and outside influences aside, this challenge will be purely of my power within. My goal is to not only compete for the first time, but as a big bad fucker. No more cutting sessions short because I'm tired in the morning. Not saying no to 5 more lbs. Its for a 315, and eventually 600lb bench. Its for a 500lb and onward deadlift.

I will update here periodically.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #7
Craig Pfisterer
Craig Pfisterer
is getting too old for this shit.
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn
Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: ON's Pro Complex Gainer
Craig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributor

The Warrior Spirit Challenge that I have been on is still the same: become a pro strongman.

Short term at this point is to get back to 100% from this recent injury and get in fighting shape for a contest on 11/16/13.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #8
Off Road
Off Road
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I have two Warrior Challenges that I am working on. . .

A 500 lb. Squat
I've had this goal ever since I hit a 400 lb. squat, and that was way too long ago. I am turning 50 years old this month and my OCD side thinks that a 500 lb. squat at 50 years old seems balanced. But truthfully, working out with my son has renewed my passion for progression and I want us both to motivate each other. I am going to lead by example.

Prowler Death
I want to push a Prowler, with 90 lbs. of added weight, for 40 yard laps, for a total of 10 laps, while doing push-ups, kettlebell swings, or burpees between each lap. That is my Holy Grail of conditioning.

I am working on both these goals right now in my journal.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #9
bamazav
bamazav
Dog House Training, home of the WalkerDips!Geezers Rule!
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,402, Level: 97 Points: 26,402, Level: 97 Points: 26,402, Level: 97
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
My Mood: Amazed
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

I too am turning 50 this year. My challenge is to get to the point that if I wanted to step on stage or enter a power lifting competition , I could do either and make a showing in the finals.

2014 100%RAW American Challenge, May 31, 2014:
Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR
Total - 843 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #10
OHDL
OHDL
Wants more milk!
Max Brawn
Points: 4,425, Level: 42 Points: 4,425, Level: 42 Points: 4,425, Level: 42
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Skwattzz
Fav Supp: Milk
My Mood: Tired
OHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beast

Body Challenge

I want to reach 4/3/2/1 plates, this is something that i will have someday.

Mind Challenge

I want to complete college/pursue a career in science. (Most likely biology). Dudes who are big, strong and intelligent are Badass.

"Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

- Christopher Hitchens

Last edited by OHDL; 07-06-2013 at 11:01 AM.
OHDL is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook