Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Diet Logs

Notices

Diet Logs Keep your diet/eating plan logs here.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,179, Level: 77 Points: 14,179, Level: 77 Points: 14,179, Level: 77
Activity: 46% Activity: 46% Activity: 46%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Inspired
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member
Default Home gym chronicles, diet edition; Apex predator

I have been flirting with including dietary info in my training log, but after doing a little research I've found that there isn't much out there on Jamie Lewis' Apex predator diet, which if what I'll be adhering to for the foreseeable future.

If you want to read up on what I'll be doing you can do it here; ChAoS & PAIN: Apex Predator Diet, Part 2- Dieting For Fat Fucks

On Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I will drink shakes all day, then have a large meal made up exclusively of meat in the evening.

Thursday will be the day for my "muscle sparing fast", which means I'll be just drinking shakes all day. If I'm too hungry at night I may have a smaller meal of meat.

Friday will usually be my carb day, with carbs eaten throughout the day and a larger, carb focused meal at night.

Saturday I will be eating some meat along with shakes throughout the day.

Alright, let's get to it.

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,360, Level: 93 Points: 22,360, Level: 93 Points: 22,360, Level: 93
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
My Mood: Aggressive
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Looks good, I think I would be very hungry on this diet. I have read about both versions of his diet in the past.

What are your goals on the diet? Weight gain loss?

Share with Facebook
Old 06-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Looks good, I think I would be very hungry on this diet. I have read about both versions of his diet in the past.

What are your goals on the diet? Weight gain loss?
After lots of time messing with IF, this diet is actually a dream come true for someone like me who doesn't like being hungry. I always eat too much, but since I don't go by a schedule and only drink boring shakes through the day I've actually been using hunger as an indicator that I should eat.

I guess this is the way normal people eat, lol.

But every single time I've gotten hungry I've either had a shake, some meat, or a diet soda. It's been great so far.

Share with Facebook
Old 06-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

Yesterday, June 8th, 2013

I had shakes through the day, then in the evening I had a little leftover ground beef and a T-bone steak. The steak was delicious.

I like this diet so far. Hunger is a non-issue throughout the day thanks to the protein shakes. My shakes are made up primarily of whey, but I have some casein I toss in there too. Not too much casein though. It's just too expensive.

I'm sick at the moment, so I'm very happy that I'm not on a diet where I have to be hungry. That would probably be too much to handle.

On Thursday morning I weighed 237.3. Friday I had carbs throughout the day and a huge meal of 4 burritos for dinner. Yesterday I ate the stuff listed above, and today I weigh 234. A big part of this is fluid loss, of course, since I'm just now starting to run a deficit, and also because I sweated my ass off last night thanks to being sick, but I'm still ecstatic with those numbers, seeing as I was never hungry at any moment without being able to do something about it if I wanted to.

Get hungry, drink another shake. It's too easy, and the meat in the evenings is just awesome. I'm enjoying lots of bone-in, fatty cuts I've never gotten before, mostly because of price, but when all you eat is meat, you get to splurge a little.

I've got ground beef and 2 ribeyes thawing for tonight. It doesn't get much better than this!

Share with Facebook
Old 06-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

Oh, I should probably mention what my goals are for this diet. I'm cutting. I weigh in the mid 230's now, and my intention is to cut to at most 220lb, possibly much lower if this diet goes well. But, being a powerlifter, if I can't get down to 200-203 (so I can get to 198 for competitions) then I might as well stay around 215.

Either way, I want to maintain/get stronger while I do it, statistics be damned. My raw squat is currently at 435. It's going to be above 500 sooner rather than later, come hell or high water.

Share with Facebook
Old 06-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,360, Level: 93 Points: 22,360, Level: 93 Points: 22,360, Level: 93
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
My Mood: Aggressive
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Sounds great, glad it is working.

I did a similar diet to this when I first tried "paleo" I did a low carb version where I pretty much was only eating meat, and filled in the gaps with shakes.

Looking forward to seeing your progress

Share with Facebook
Old 06-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #7
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Sounds great, glad it is working.

I did a similar diet to this when I first tried "paleo" I did a low carb version where I pretty much was only eating meat, and filled in the gaps with shakes.

Looking forward to seeing your progress
Thanks. I'm looking forward to progressing!

Share with Facebook
Old 06-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

I was just shopping with my wife. I was picking which flavor of Riccola I was going to get when I saw one labeled "sugar-free". Unfortunately I've been popping the normal ones for the last two days. They don't put nutritional info on those things either, so I have no idea how many carbs I've been eating.

I'm not going to stress about it, but it's mildly annoying. Not a big deal, I got the sugar free ones and they aren't bad.

Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #9
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

This diet continues to impress me. My stomach is tightening up a bit, my weight is dropping, I can take care of my hunger every time it comes up, and I'm even starting to get a little alpha-male feeling from the testosterone boost.

Yesterday I was still sick, so I wasn't very hungry anyways. I got bored with shakes in the afternoon and decided to cook up some ground beef, and I didn't even finish it in one sitting, which is different for me. I had planned on ribeye's for dinner, but I decided I didn't want any more food and just had a shake and a little sliced turkey and cheese we had.

My bodyweight is down to 232 today, which means I'm down almost 10lb in 1 week. This is not all fat of course, but it means I'm heading in the right direction. I'm starting to think that with the help of this diet I could even get down around 200. It would be great to compete at 198. I had never even considered it an option.

Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #10
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

Shakes, steaks and eggs today. Carb cravings are coming on now. I really just wanted a sandwich earlier, and even with a good steak I'm left unsatisfied. Hopefully in 10-14 days I'll be back in the 220's for the first time in a few months. I'm also noticeably leaner in the midsection and my belt was looser today while I was squatting than it was only a few days ago.

I may actually lose weight too fast with this diet, which is not something I want since my goal is to maintain strength. If that's the case then I'll go to 2 carb days a week. that'll slow me down nicely. But we can cross that bridge when we get there.

Last edited by Soldier; 06-10-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook