Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
SecondsOut
SecondsOut
posted a post in this thread. He did posting to you.
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
My Mood: Lurking
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast
Default Member Ugo's Home Gym

I'm visiting my family, so yesterday I lifted with Ugo in Philly. Ugo's got a dinosaur training home gym (that's what I call it, not him) with lots of neat things to work with. Check it out:

Power Rack: it's a 20-lb. bar. Everything's sturdy. Ugo said that years ago, he unracked 1,000+ lbs. using this same bar and rack

Isometric Machine: the copper colored bar is what you use to perform the lift. You can adjust the tension, but there are no weights. There is no resistance during the eccentric phase; on the concentric, you press as fast and hard as you can

Isometric Machine platform and meter: the blue part is the metal platform where you stand. You can see the meter that measures the amount of force -- pretty much like a Tendo unit, but it's analog (obviously), not digital

Isometric Machine meter close up

Small Rack: Ugo's got a small adjustable rack in his garage. You can use it for bench, too, or dips or pretty much any movement that begins below your shoulders

100-lb. Pancake Plates: these are just awesome. I didn't know anyone made these flat plates in 100 lbs.

Bench with "Fat Bar": The bench looks like it's seen better days, but it's as sturdy as it has to be. Ugo said he's had it since he was a teenager, and it's the same bench he used to press 400 when he weighed over 200. The fat bar is a 20-lb. bar with a fat metal sleeve over it. Seemed to be between 2 and 2.5 inches thick

One end of the Fat Bar

Ugo also has some chains, bands, dumbbell sets, an incline bench, a bag of sand, an inner tube of sand, and I don't even know what else. Pretty much everything you need to train hard and add some variety. The isometric machine is my favorite piece. I think it would be great to use after a lower body workout. You can use any foot position you want and press as hard or light as you want. The weightless eccentric phase is a great feature.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
Off Road
Off Road
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

That's a way cool gym. I'd call it a Dino Gym too, it just makes you want to lift heavy and odd.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
Epinephrine
Epinephrine
is building the beast
Brawn
Points: 856, Level: 15 Points: 856, Level: 15 Points: 856, Level: 15
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Twisted
Epinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributor

That's hella cool. I'd love to train there and blast some Pantera for the neighbors to hear.
Epinephrine is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #4
moeheep
moeheep
wants a 900lb Total
Max Brawn
Points: 7,562, Level: 58 Points: 7,562, Level: 58 Points: 7,562, Level: 58
Activity: 76% Activity: 76% Activity: 76%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
My Mood: Amazed
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

NICE !!

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 319
Bench = 204
Dead = 336
Total = 859

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
bamazav
bamazav
Dog House Training, home of the Walker Dips!Geezers Rule!
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 25,013, Level: 95 Points: 25,013, Level: 95 Points: 25,013, Level: 95
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
My Mood: Amazed
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Definitely Old School!

Seeking to be transformed, not conformed!

Become a disciple of the bar. - glwanabe

The Official Get Fit For The King Website

Yasen Miroslav Zavadil
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #6
SecondsOut
SecondsOut
Max Brawn

SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epinephrine View Post
That's hella cool. I'd love to train there and blast some Pantera for the neighbors to hear.
haha we had Rob Zombie, but Pantera should definitely be on the playlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
Definitely Old School!

Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #7
SecondsOut
SecondsOut
Max Brawn

Default Some of the workout

15 Pullups by Ugo (I'm quite younger than Ugo and can't do this)

Me on Squat and Bench

Share with Facebook