Max Brawn
Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift!
Fav Supp: Any I can afford.
My Mood: Cool
andys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributor

When I was bulking I lived by "If you want to be a monster, you have to eat like a monster" but some people(not necessarily on here) would disagree. I don't think there is one. Basically, if you are going to bulk to put on muscle, you will put on fat. It is inevitable and is part of the game if that is the route you choose. The key is if you bulk and gain muscle, you have to be able to lose the weight again to show/see the improvement. Next summer, I plan on eating a little above my maintenance calorie levels (the amount required to stay at your current weight) and see if I make some gains that way instead of eating like a monster and gaining 25 pounds of fat even though it was effective. In this sport, there are different and unorthodox ways to do everything. If bulking and losing weight works for you, great, then do that. If you have trouble losing weight I would stay away from it and find an alternate route.

If you are looking to bulk I would say 4000 calories would be a good number. But it depends on your body. Age, metabolism, weight, and workouts all play in to the picture. But eating tons of chicken and broccoli WILL NOT help you put on muscle.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post103267 - Home of no compromising and busting ass day in and day out
andys_trim is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook