Thread: Rank the Brands
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #3
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,472,245, Level: 100 Points: 1,472,245, Level: 100 Points: 1,472,245, Level: 100
Activity: 38% Activity: 38% Activity: 38%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good topic. I'm no supplement-a-holic, but I do believe in the companies we feature on the forum. Whether or not you believe in or take prohormones, I think supplement companies that have products in that niche tend to be more forward thinking simply because the market changes so frequently.

Anyway....back on point...

Optimum Nutrition...Good. Not too much hype, and products are popular. This speaks volumes for me.

Controlled Labs...Thumbs up.

Gaspari Nutrition. Decent, but resorts to naming products in a deceiving way (novedex - sounds like nolvadex, halodrol - sounds like Hdrol) which annoys me. I don't care for deception, so I avoid Gaspari. And mumbo jumbo on their site like this annoys me as well:

Quote:
Halodrol Liquigels™ is the next generation multi-faceted approach to maximal muscle hyperplastic catalysm. There are no other products in the market like Halodrol Liquigels™ nor will there ever be; Halodrol Liquigels™ exist in a category that this product and this product ONLY defines. Halodrol Liquigels™ five, pharmaceutical grade ingredients provide the most scientifically advanced synergistic approach to physique and strength augmentation and puts this product literally decades ahead of anything else remotely resembling it in the supplement market. It is what you think it is!
Dropping in terms like "pharmaceutical grade" tells me their marketers are paid more then their researchers. Maybe, maybe not.

Biotest. I'll never use these guys. Anyone that backs a supplement only diet deserves to be avoided.

EAS. I trust anything made by EAS. I like Bill Phillips and co.

Muscle Tech. Shit in a can. Too much hype. Way too pricey.

Prolab. One of the better. They have survived decades without over-hyping.

Dymatize. A good, broad product line. Not a lot of BS. Thumbs up.

MRI. Marketing strategy + idiotic claims like: "Get 950% More Nitric Oxide!" They might have good products, but I distrust hype-machines.

LG Sciences and FOG...Good guys, low hype, nice products.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 10-17-2009 at 02:25 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook