Old 07-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #14
sneezingstardust
sneezingstardust
fat powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

My Mood: Cool
sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Default "Quit Your Bitchin', and Get in the Kitchen!" - Recipe Thread!

So, I thought it would be cool to start a recipe thread where I can share my frequently updated concoctions with you all (seeing as not too many, or none of the people here read my personal blog)

If I post a recipe in here, it's because I HIGHLY recommend it. Oh, and it'll give you a good idea of what I eat on a daily basis.

Feel free to add in your own recipe, and if you have a picture of the food you made, please submit that as well!

Let's give this thread a good start:

"Double Banana Date Bread" (current favorite; good pre-workout fuel)

Ingredients:

2 cups of very ripe banana, mashed (or 3 large bananas)
2 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup of dates, chopped
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg + 1 egg white
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of butter, softened (you can use half applesauce, if you want...butter is best though )
1/2 cup of honey
chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:

1) In a small bowl, pour the milk over the dates and microwave for 15 seconds. Set aside to let soak.

2) Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease and flour a baking pan.

3) Beat the egg, egg white, vanilla, honey and butter until well-combined. Beat in the banana thoroughly, and then stir in the soaked dates. Set aside.

4) Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Stir in the wet mixture just until moistened. Fold in the walnuts, if using.

5) Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the edges are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.

6) Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice with a wet knife, and store in an airtight container in the fridge.

Note: Tastes best when it's cold!! This is HANDS DOWN, my favorite banana bread of all time...and I've made/tasted a LOT of banana breads.

More to come!

http://www.fortheloveofcookies.wordpress.com

-------

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw

"Start wide, expand further, and never look back." -Arnold Schwarzenegger
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook