View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 09:27 AM   #8
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,476,844, Level: 100 Points: 1,476,844, Level: 100 Points: 1,476,844, Level: 100
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkeypuncher View Post
So if I ate nothing but 500g of protein every day and added 300 lbs to my total in a year, would I get bigger or leaner?
I wouldn't recommend 500 grams of protein. That's a bit overkill unless you're training enhanced and on a big cycle.

Calories are the hidden factor in this equation. Many guys can't gain strength on calorie deficits, so if you are adding strength I assume you are eating plenty. How you train matters as well. Maybe you're only training the big 3 lifts, and are a beginner who is experiencing a big strength gain.

But if you're a normal intermediate who is adding strength, I'm guessing you're eating plenty of calories, training wisely, so I would guess you're gaining muscle and some minor fat.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 05-31-2010 at 09:34 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook