Marc
Marc
TV.
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: A Hole
Marc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributor
Default Doing my first Strongman Competition this coming Saturday the 22nd...

THought my competition was 6 weeks out still. Just was informed that the competition is THIS coming Saturday the 22nd! I was stressing hard all the way through my training today. When I left the gym I called the Lady that is running the competition and got the details.... I dont know what to make of this:

Farmers walk- 2, 45 pound plates in each hand with a handle 40 yards down and back for time.

Truck Pull- It's a sled, and you pull your body weight for 40 yards.. Seems a little dumb.

Tire flip- The tire is just above my waist, literally half of what I train with, as many flips as you can get in one minute..

And then there is a medecine ball throw... Would have rather seen a deadlift or log press but oh well I guess.

I am kind of dissapointed as I train with twice this much weight at least in literally everything, but I guess it will all be for speed, and it is my first competition so maybe I need to have a more open mind.. I checked out the pulling harnes and it resembles a cheap OSHA harness.. I guess you get a rope too with the sled... Im going to ask if I can bring one of the apt ones from the gym I train at.

Any and all advice is appreciated, Hopefully I can do well because I dont think that anyone else other than the guys at our gym train events at all, so it'll probably be a bunch of bench and curl queens.

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links