Max Brawn
Points: 14,526, Level: 78 Points: 14,526, Level: 78 Points: 14,526, Level: 78
Activity: 55% Activity: 55% Activity: 55%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Inspired
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Thanks again Casey.

Today I knew I was going to hit the gym, but I've trained 2 of the last 4 days and my entire upper body is sore. My legs felt fine, so i decided to go ahead and squat, but I also just felt a little off today. My CNS was running at about 85% today. That being said, I still hit it hard and came away with a couple PRs, but if I was fresh I could have gone even harder.

Squat with wraps and belt-
45x3
45x3
135x2
225x3
Add belt-
315x3
Add wraps-
365x3
405x1
455x1
475x1 PR, new 1rm for raw squat
425x5 20lb PR

The following movements were done in a superset-

Abs on GHR-
BWx10
BWx10
BWx10

Box jumps-
5x18"
5x24"
5x24"

Inverted rows with rings-
3 sets of 8

I was a zombie at this point. I had to sit for a while before I could really get my head together to get changed back into my uniform. Once I was done I really wanted to just go eat a whole pizza, but I had my stupid protein shake instead.

Not sure what I'll do Thursday when I'm planning to train again. Hopefully I'll be ready to do some benching, but I don't know if I'll be ready to do much more than that. I'm getting strong now, and feeling pretty good, but I'm also starting to feel beat up. I'm starting to really crank up the intensity at this point, so the volume will have to drop accordingly. It's going to be a balancing act of intensity, volume, and frequency and trying to get as strong as humanly possible without killing myself. It feels like it's going well so far, so I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing.

I see no reason why I can't get a 500+ squat when I peak, if I do it even mostly right.

Share with Facebook