Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 06:05 PM   #1654
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,522,106, Level: 100 Points: 1,522,106, Level: 100 Points: 1,522,106, Level: 100
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpower View Post
Hey Steve, my buddy directed me to your Youtube videos which I liked a lot.
Thanks, and welcome to the forum.

Quote:
I've been lifting/bodybuilding for a couple of years (on and off) but now I'm stalling in my essential lifts: back squat and DL.
First off, it's good to know if the lifts are slowing or stalling. Slowing is normal, stalling - not adding any weight to the bar over a period of months - is not.

What was your deadlift and squat weight and reps at the beginning of the year, and where are they now?

Regarding squats, your butt is staying back. As soon as you come out of the hole, concentrate on driving your hips forward. This will engage your hips and glutes more, and create more power.

Quote:
Poor mind muscle-connection?
Forget that concept. It's useless. Get strong and powerful.

Deadlifts...your grip is way too wide. It's pulling you lower to the ground, placing more strain on the lower back.

Overall your main issue is that your lifts look slow and have little power. You need to not only use good form, but focus on speed and explosiveness. These slow lifts are making each rep take longer, placing more stress on the lower back. They are also zapping you of power.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook