JTM811
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 484, Level: 9 Points: 484, Level: 9 Points: 484, Level: 9
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: Off and on 15 years
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts or Squats
JTM811 has made some very good postsJTM811 has made some very good postsJTM811 has made some very good postsJTM811 has made some very good postsJTM811 has made some very good postsJTM811 has made some very good postsJTM811 has made some very good postsJTM811 has made some very good postsJTM811 has made some very good postsJTM811 has made some very good postsJTM811 has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I feel motivated by making better choices. Everything in life comes down to choices for me. Do I squat when I am tired? Or do I take the day off? Do I exercise so I can reach my goals, or do I wait until tomorrow?

If I am feeling like crap do I watch a lifting video, read an article or other's training logs to fire me up, or do I play more video games and eat cookies?

Life is about choice for me. I have control. Do I embrace that or not?

I also need realistic goals. I don't go into the gym to be Jay Cutler. I go into the gym to be one rep better than last time. That is a goal I can conquer.

The act of watching a video, like the one in this thread, might temporarily motivate someone. But they still have to make better choices.
Can't agree enough with this. Unfortunately in my line of work I get to deal with people who more often make poor choices, are unmotivated, and take the easy way out of things rather than knuckle down and own up being accountable, responsible, and controlling their own destiny. Society as a whole seems to be accepting this type of behavior and allows it a free pass, rather than demanding more from people.

Being exceptional and rising up to make oneself better in spite of the odds is frowned upon. No just sit back, don't do a thing, it'll be taken care of for you.
JTM811 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook