Max Brawn
Points: 13,653, Level: 76 Points: 13,653, Level: 76 Points: 13,653, Level: 76
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Training Exp: On and off for 15 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Doubtful
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
looks okay to me. i get the need to make a program that fits you directly.
While I respect the cube, it was designed by someone focused on high level competition lifting for himself. It translates to others, but a smaller group than a published book implies...

not sure about "speed deadlifts" maybe do pulls from blocks against bands or just do cleans, etc. that's up to you though.

speed work is supposed to be good neuro prep for heavy lifting...depending on the lifter, speed work at the end may not work as well....again, up to you.
Thanks for taking the time to read it. I'm not a fan of Oly lifts, but I do love both chains and bands for speed work. I like speed pulls, even without bands. I find it's all about how you go about the lift, whether you get anything out of it or not.

The idea of doing speed work after max work and also doing max work after speed work is all about conditioning. It's actually based on my experience with Sheiko. In the Sheiko programs you never just work up to heavy lifts. You always do multiple sets at lower percentages before you get up to your heavy lifts. That's exactly how I'd do the days that start with speed work and move into max work later in the session.
Goals-
Win.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook