afraziaaaa
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 2,977, Level: 33 Points: 2,977, Level: 33 Points: 2,977, Level: 33
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Whey Protein
afraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbleminstrel View Post
3 days a week. On day 1 I will Squat, day 2 deadlift and then day 3 squat again. I did intend to decrease the volume as I increased the intensity. The reason I did this is when I did programs such as stronglifts 5x5 and starting strength I would do 1 set of deadlifts but as I added weight my form would get worse. I wanted to do a method similar to and old school kind of "Peaking." I have never done this before so this kind of made sense in my head. What would you suggest to be done for my deadlifts?
Ah, I see. I missed the deadlift annotation the first time.

It could work. Try it out and see how it works. If you get stronger doing it after about 8 weeks, then great.

For this type of progression/peak, I would work up to a heavy single, then do 1-3 back-off sets with lighter weight in the 3-5 rep range. That will help you train your CNS for peak strength while still continuing to build the deadlift. I am not saying your way can't work though.
afraziaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook