Brawn
Points: 775, Level: 14 Points: 775, Level: 14 Points: 775, Level: 14
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: 1 + 1
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Omega-3
My Mood: Cheerful
dlocas has made some good postsdlocas has made some good postsdlocas has made some good postsdlocas has made some good postsdlocas has made some good postsdlocas has made some good postsdlocas has made some good postsdlocas has made some good postsdlocas has made some good postsdlocas has made some good posts
Default Not yet benching 400... and still happy!

There is wishful thinking, and there's real life. It's been a year since I returned to the iron game. December 2012 -- I was 40, weighting 220 (6'1") and getting a little fatter every year. January 2013 -- Start lifting after some 12 years without touching a barbell. Whoa! those plates are HEAVY... Learning to deadlift propery; 135 lbs on the bar... doing rows with 75, then 85, then 95... Fast forward to February 2014 -- I start a session with some deadlift sets; 365 lbs on the bar... and wrap up the session with some Pendlay rows with two plates each side of the bar (same weight I can bench for 8 reps!) And I now tip the scales at 235 with a little less fat. So yes, I don't deadlift 600 yet nor bench 400, but I am happy with my progress; and all that eating macaroni and cheese! Yes, I am on CHEESE! And I am also a big Canadian lumberjack who drinks BEER!
dlocas is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook