View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #2
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 33,674, Level: 100 Points: 33,674, Level: 100 Points: 33,674, Level: 100
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

I think most beginner should use 8-10 reps the first year ATLEAST. That will get you strong and put some meat on you aswell. I see alot of beginners go on a advanced russian routine of whatever that consists of mainly sets with 1-3 reps. And it takes them nowhere or their progress is halted, or they get injured. Repwork is very underestimated, once your an high intermediate lifter or advanced you can start to do advanced programming. For most people, working in the 5-10 rep range will work even if your only goal is strength.

I consider myself intermediate strong and I learned that for me, sets of 8-10 on most lifts produce the best results for both strength and size.

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook