Max Brawn
Points: 5,829, Level: 49 Points: 5,829, Level: 49 Points: 5,829, Level: 49
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Volume
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Caffeine
My Mood: Inspired
linedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
You can switch to 2 tablets, but at some point you'll have to take a break from the pre-workout caffiene altogether. Every time you kick up the dosage your body will eventually get used to it and it won't work any more.
If you take a few weeks off the stimulants you'll find that you're far more sensative to them when you start using them again.
Bold: Disagree - that's not to say its worth weighing the risk/reward in terms of the quantity of caffeine, but using common sense, im guessing most folks intake less caffeine on non training days and more on training days, thus creating a bit of a natural cycle. Similar to how your body can function fine without caffeine everyday, it can also function just fine with caffeine everyday too.

However, taking pre workout on non lifting days.... that's a sign of stimulant abuse

Italics: Define "get used to"; I'm guessing you mean the acute feelings of "energy" and "euphoria"; however, regular caffeine intake for prolonged periods of time continues to deliver from the performance standpoint (e.g. VO2 max, perceived exertion, etc..)

Underline: True, you will be "more sensitive" to them from the acute feelings of "having more energy" and possibly the "euphoria" that comes with caffeine intake, but internally your body is still processing caffeine the same from the metabolic standpoint - the acute feelings are muted over prolonged high caffeine intake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
My first time every trying EC stack I was actually scared of how stimulated I became. Couldn't concentrate, and crazy jitters. I'm sure I was probably stuttering when I tried to speak. That stuff isn't messing around.
haha. Well I've been adding Bronkaid along with my pre-workout on some days since I train at high altitude. I have exercise-induced asthma, so my reasoning is that it helps to open up the airways at a higher elevation - I haven't noticed any issues, but have noticed the intense hunger suppression. Eating breakfast after a 530am workout has been a new experience for me lol

Random Tidbit - your body doesn't build a "tolerance" to (pseduo)ephedrine like it does to caffeine. But of course that's not to say everyone should go out and buy Bronkaid lol

"Like" my Facebook author page for future article updates

Follow my lifting log!

"Life is too short to dick around" - Steve Shaw
linedriver465 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook