Max Brawn
Points: 14,456, Level: 78 Points: 14,456, Level: 78 Points: 14,456, Level: 78
Activity: 59% Activity: 59% Activity: 59%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Inspired
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Generally the rule of thumb is to put your most taxing compound lifts first. But rules are dumb.

Experiment! Work up to a max triple or double first in your session, do your other work, then finish the session with high rep deads. Or do all your isolation work first then finish with deads. Or Only do deads every other pull session and make it the majority of the session.

You can also work with super sets. Work up to a weight on deads you could do 5 times, then alternate triples with heavy pendlay rows. As far as I'm concerned the combination of dead lifts and pendlay rows is the best for massive upper back strength and size. The trick with pendlay rows is to use way more weight then you think you can. I like to use at least my bodyweight for these, which is much more than I can use for standard BOR's.

It's god to think of things logically when it comes to programming, but don't fall into the trap of creating rules that will keep you from trying new progressive ideas that might work out really well.

Share with Facebook