Max Brawn
Points: 14,521, Level: 78 Points: 14,521, Level: 78 Points: 14,521, Level: 78
Activity: 55% Activity: 55% Activity: 55%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Inspired
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry19 View Post
Just to echo what others said...
1) Definitely sign up for some type of contest for reasons stated above
2) Recognize that you may need a bit of break. Even if you're not physically exhausted, a couple weeks away from the iron might help reignite your love for the iron.
3) Do you count calories? You talk about not being able to put on muscle without gaining substantial fat. Have you tried lean bulking? I've been lean bulking since September gaining roughly 1 lb/month and have pretty much put on 0 fat. I am younger and less experienced, however.

Whatever the case may be, I wish you the best of luck in remedying this problem. We're all here to support ya!
Thanks man. Yes, I have counted calories. I won't lie, sometimes my willpower can't keep up with my knowledge. I had planned about 4 months back to get really lean then bulk back up really slowly, but I didn't come even close to reaching my bodyfat % goals in my cut. My body has never wanted to give up fat. As I write that it totally sounds like a cop out, but in this last cut I was averaging 1700 calories a day and I still couldn't get even close to 200lb at 6' tall, and at the time I was using every trick in the book, including carb and calories cycling. I decided that it wouldn't be healthy to drop below that, mentally or physically.

Share with Facebook
Members of Muscle and Brawn Forums have rated post 445691 as the most helpful. Skip right to it!