Max Brawn
Points: 13,995, Level: 76 Points: 13,995, Level: 76 Points: 13,995, Level: 76
Activity: 45% Activity: 45% Activity: 45%

Training Exp: On and off for 15 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Doubtful
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm just going to be in a holding pattern for the moment. I'm sure things will shift soon.

Part of the issue, as if things weren't complicated enough, is that I can't get too fat. I have to stay lean enough to pass the Army test for bodyfat. So far in my Army career I've managed to pass every time, sometimes by the skin of my teeth, sometimes with room to spare. I do know that it used to be much easier when I could do cardio.

As far as the break, when I have this shockwave treatment I'll have a forced break for a while. Evidently I won't even be able to walk for at least a few days.

The truth is that I'm really just impatient. Combine that with shitty genetics and my busy schedule and things get tough sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I've always regretted breaks. I suggest 2 things:

1) Just doing some crazy ass program for fun, like DC training or Max Stim or whatever. Maybe do them all, try Heavy Duty...whatever.

2) Try a competition, bodybuilding or powerlifting. Pencil in a date and just do it come hell or high water.
I've actually been doing the partial movement training. It's been interesting, especially because I actually don't know how effective it will be, because most of the heavy work is with partials. I basically haven't done any full ROM maximal strength work for a couple months. You know me, I love programs, and the more "gimmicky" the better.
Goals-
Win.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Members of Muscle and Brawn Forums have rated post 445691 as the most helpful. Skip right to it!