Max Brawn
Points: 2,830, Level: 32 Points: 2,830, Level: 32 Points: 2,830, Level: 32
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 04/2013
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Flavorless Whey
My Mood: Lurking
BravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributor
Default Bravenís Training Log (2014)

2013 was an amazing year; I was finally able to start training and living life. Before 2013, I had severe lower leg issues for 4-5 years and was depressed (so much for high school and college being the best years). I came from a kickboxing background with the desires of making a career out of it and I could not walk up a flight of stairs or jog 30sec without having my calves completely cramp up. Three different doctors told me that surgery was the only option; however paying for it was not an option, so I continued on hoping and looking for other options. Around 4th of July of 2011, I decided that to start some form of training, started doing push ups/pull ups and cardio with the Burn Machine (upper body cardio equipment). I did 2-3 workouts a week and hammered around 8-12 sets of each until I couldn't do them properly any more. Eventually, people started noticing changes and I started to feel and look better. I continued doing it and during the winter of 2012 I figured out what the issue was and had it taken care of in 1 month with a deep tissue therapist for a couple hundred dollars. I can’t put into words how happy and amazed I was, as well as angry at those greedy or ignorant doctors. I started doing bodyweight lunges/squats/deadlifts with an empty bar around New Years of 2013 and 4 months later I was able to squat 100lb for 5x5. I officially started training and started a training log from day one (http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13358).

My intentions were to do a 5x5 program with isolation's and other lifts for fun, however, I couldn't Bench, Row, or Press with proper form for several months mainly due to large imbalances in my upper body. I was also afraid to deadlift due to my history, but consistently working on them eventually paid off. Over time, my program evolved into what it is today, a very similar program to the Ice Cream Fitness Novice 5x5 and I’m looking put on as much muscle mass and strength as I can. So, I hope 2014 will be an even better year for us all, now let’s go lift!

2013 Stats:
Weight: 163.4lb
Oly Squat: 220 (4x5)
Squat: 245 (4x5)
Bench Press: 160 (5x5)
Deadlift: 290x5(1)
Standing Press: 105 (5x5)
Barbell Row: 165 (5x5)

Last edited by BravenFenix; 01-03-2014 at 05:44 PM.
BravenFenix is online now   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links