Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #1191
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,481,040, Level: 100 Points: 1,481,040, Level: 100 Points: 1,481,040, Level: 100
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnd1985 View Post
Hi BBOD,

I've been training with weights for about 2yrs now, initially for weight loss but for about the last year it is mostly about strength gain (I still have about 20lbs to lose before I want to stop cutting). In that time I have dropped about 50lbs and got my lifts up to the following

Squat - 260lbs
Deadlift - 350lbs
Bench 215lbs
Great work. Well done.

Quote:
In 2014 I want to drop the last 20lbs and really try and push my numbers as high as I can. My goals for the of the year are

Squat - 350lbs
Deadlift - 400lbs
Bench - 275lbs
Good goals. Consider starting up a training log with us and sticking around.

Quote:
My program at the moment is to have a day a week for each of the main lifts (including a day for OHP). I have a set weight I want to work up for a single. So the rep scheme looks like

Reps % (of top set)
10. 20
8. 50
6. 70
4. 80
2. 90
1. 95
1. 100

Then I move on to

5x2 @ 90%, and 6x4 @ 60% (DE)
Looks good. You are getting about 24 working reps in before speed work, and 48 with speed work. I would consider that a good volume for size and strength.

Quote:
I'll then move on to some assistance work for each lift. I then up the weight by 5lbs each workout, if I miss the 100%
I recommend you start to become for intuitive. Then that last heavy single feels manageable, add 5 pounds. "Manageable" means you are confident that if you add 5 pounds next week you could get that too. This is how I trained for 2 years leading up to my big strength run and it packed on strength.

Quote:
Long post I know, but would really appreciate some feedback, thanks
You are doing great...losing weight and building strength. Keep doing what you're doing. The only thing I want you do do with your assistance work, if you're not already doing it, is trying to get every muscle group from head to toe as insanely strong as possible.

Good luck!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links