must break you
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,446, Level: 21 Points: 1,446, Level: 21 Points: 1,446, Level: 21
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: about 3y (total combined)
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench
Fav Supp: goat milk
BobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
solid and simple program...I've done similar in the past and it worked very well...going to more of a 5x5 program for 2014 as well.

You'll like squatting 3x/week. You'll settle in quickly and the frequency will be beneficial.
Thanks for the feedback. I'd be interested to see what your routine looks like once you get it all hammered out.

I felt like a monster after today's workout. I think that lower reps are definitely a better fit for me. I was basically able to smash all my PRs for reps and weight (excluding dips which are hard for me to quantify). I'm really looking forward to switching to that 5x5 routine now.

Here's what I did:

Bench: 8x100, 7x105, 7x107.5, 7x107.5kg
Incline DB Press: 9x36, 8x36, 8x36, 7x36kg DBs
Close grip BP: 7x80, 8x80, 7x80, 7x80kg
Dips: 12, 8, 10, 8

Hopefully my leg day tomorrow will be as fruitful as my chest/tri day today. My gym will close down for Christmas and the day after. It will be the first day I'll have to skip the gym in 2 months. Glad the hard work and consistency has been paying off.

My training log: Twice a Week, Twice the Recovery!
BJJ in Moldova: Pride Moldova BJJ
Short documentary on BJJ in Moldova: Undocumented Territory
Facebook link
BobbyMac is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook