View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #929
bamazav
bamazav
Dog House Training, home of the WalkerDips!Geezers Rule!
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
My Mood: Amazed
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Default 12/19/2013 Cube Boss Training

Squat Day ... Otherwise known as Squat Rack Attack

Try #2 on logging this. I highlighted this to cut and past and accidentally pasted over it, deleting the initial post.

Squats
Warm ups
10 x 45
5 x 89
3 x 135

3 x 8 x 200

Front Squats
2 x 8 x 105

Pause Squats
8 x 140
5 x 187.5
5 x 187.5

RDL
3 x 10 x 135

Chins

Good Mornings
3 x 10 x 100

NOTES

This is my second full week of this Cube Boss plan. i am really enjoying it and benefiting from it. My joints and connective tissue feel better and I do not feel like my strength has suffered but grown. Each day, I have walked away with different feelings about the session, but never once feeling as though I didn't accomplish anything. I am looking forward to seeing where this will take me.

Squats - 70% of the 1 RM for at least 8 reps. Done, but last set was just barely.

Front Squats - My FS is so much lower than my BS that I am using my FS percentages. Still, felt great, fire building in the quads.

Pause Squats - 65% of 1 RM and these kicked my butt. First set was me not thinking and looking at my notes. Got the weight where it was supposed to be. Shot for 8 reps, got 5 before form broke. Not a good squat if you are standing on your tippy toes.

Romanian Dead Lifts - Church gym not a good set up for my Poor man's GHR, takes too long when time is tight. Focused on hitting the hammies.

Chins - These are progressing rather well. I hope to be at three sets of ten soon.

Good Mornings - Another hitting of the hamstrings.

Overall a good session. I need to reevaluate my training time so that I am not so rushed. Even on a good day I am looking at about 1 hour 15 minutes from start to finish.

Tomorrow I enter into the Masters classification and begin my quest for a VA State record. I am on a very slow cut to try to get to the 181 weight class, but am not sure that stressing about that is going to help me much. Not too mention that this time of year is not the best to be avoiding foods. Any way, either later today or tomorrow is arms and shoulder work. Some overhead work, bicep blasting and tricep targetting, goal? Great guns!

2014 100%RAW American Challenge, May 31, 2014:
Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR
Total - 843 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook