View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 12:11 AM   #9
BigJosh
BigJosh
"the Grinder"
Max Brawn
Points: 11,300, Level: 70 Points: 11,300, Level: 70 Points: 11,300, Level: 70
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Monster Memory Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Wheel Of Fortune Champion! Portal Champion! SpongeBob's Pizza Toss Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! NBA Spirit Champion! Torino 2006 Curling Champion! Ultimate Football Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
My Mood: Cool
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamite1114 View Post
Hey guys just wanted to get your opinion on something. Apparently everyone has a certain body type, endomorph, mesomorph and so on. I am a endomorph. And my question to you guys is, how crucial is your body type?
Crucial, as in how it impacts your training, ability to build muscle, gain strength, stay lean, etc is what I believe you are asking. I think it has some impact. It's easier for an ectomorph to stay lean that it is for a endomorph, while it's easier for an endomorph to pack on mass than it is for an ectomorph. Easier relatively speaking. Easier probably isn't the best word. A better way to put it would be one body type is more inclined than the other. However, this doesn't mean an endomorph can be/get/stay lean and doesn't mean an ectomorph can't have/add/keep mass. I believe in the end that's a matter of how we eat. But, I personally know ectomorphs who don't have to work as hard or be meticulous with their diet to stay lean and endomorphs who don't have to "eat as hard" to gain mass. Me personally leaning more towards the endomorph side of things.
But these are extreme's. And in the end how you eat will overcome your natural body type.
Just my opinion
Quote:
Will it make or break your training? Should you always be training specifically to your body type? If you're A body type and you want to build strength and/or muscle, will you have to train differently from b and c?

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
NO. Imo, training approaches shouldn't and don't need to be based on body type. The basic and proper fundamentals will work across the board.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook