Max Brawn
Points: 14,560, Level: 78 Points: 14,560, Level: 78 Points: 14,560, Level: 78
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Inspired
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Today's weight check- 216.4. 2 days ago I actually weighed over 220, but after a couple days of eating based on hunger (I know, foreign concept) and getting way more water I was able to drop 4lb. That means I'm gaining about 1lb a week, which is actually still a little much for what I'm trying to do. I'll keep eating a little better and getting my water, and hopefully I'll slow the gain down.

Of course, I don't mind gaining a little weight. I'm definitely getting stronger and hopefully I'll be back over 400 in the raw squat soon enough. My left knee has felt a little weird the last couple days, but it doesn't feel weak and I don't notice any difference once I'm warmed up.

Upper body is still a touchy subject. I'm training the crap out of my shoulders, but weird things are happening. A couple months ago it didn't hurt at all to do overhead press, but bench hurt a lot. Now OHP's are not feeling so great and the bench is feeling much better. I'm definitely not 100%, but the pain is forcing me to be extremely form-conscious. Before my only form thoughts were how to move more weight, but now it's about making sure I don't hurt myself again.

I've noticed that if I try to lift the bar, my shoulder hurts. If, however, I try to push my upper back into the pad as I lift it feels much better. I'm going to continue to use accomodating resistance (Bands, chains, and slingshot) to try and build triceps strength and help to take the strain off my chest/shoulders as the weights continue to go up. Of course, this also takes the strain off my shoulder which is a very good thing.

I'll do lower body dynamic/bodybulding day today, then the next 2 days I'll be in the car with the family driving to Florida!

Share with Facebook