Kleurplaay
is growing stronger!
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,310, Level: 29 Points: 2,310, Level: 29 Points: 2,310, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: dat dere eggs
My Mood: Cheeky
Kleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
How about we assume responsibility and stop shifting the blame to society, government and schools.
Hit the nail on the head in my opinion. More and more explanations are surfacing for the 'obesity epidemic' that western countries are dealing with right now. Anything from bad education to too much fructose in our diets to not enough encouragement to be active. I'm not saying that those are not contributing factors, but no matter how you spin it or how complicated you try to make it, the problem is simple for 99%: eat less, move more.

By saying this you are essentially saying that those people are to blame for their own obesity and this is becoming more and more taboo. Just look at things like the recent shitstorm over 'fit mom', the mother who posted a picture of her fit body on the internet with the tag 'what's your excuse?'. The majority of comments were people hating on her for 'calling out fat people' and 'fat shaming'. We currently live in a society where it almost seems that caring about your health is, in the opinion of the majority, 'not cool'. More times than I can count have I heard negative comments aimed at people who work out/train/eat healthy or whatever, because it makes the people who don't do so seem bad. And instead of doing something about it, they'd much rather just hate on the people who do.

Almost everyone has the opportunity to say: 'enough is enough, I'm going to do something about this'. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not saying this it is going to be EASY, I'm saying that what you need to do is simple. I definitely believe that it is hard for people who have been overeating for years to switch to a more sensible diet due to things like sugar cravings and binge eating tendencies. Just because something is hard is no reason to not even try and just shift all blame to others. Many things worth doing or having are hard.

Last edited by Kleurplaay; 12-12-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Kleurplaay is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook