Max Brawn
Points: 14,560, Level: 78 Points: 14,560, Level: 78 Points: 14,560, Level: 78
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Inspired
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

2 sessions today, both already done. Gotta take it where I can get it, even if these impromptu sessions screw up my pre and post workout nutrition.

Whatever, I got the work done.

Session 1- PT get cancelled this morning, so I hit the functional fitness gym. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do because I couldn't do all the bodybuilding type work I normally do for my midweek leg session, so I just grabbed some bands and decided to experiment.

Speed pulls with average bands-
45x a bunch
135x5
225x5
275x3
275x3
275x3

Reverse band squats (first time doing these)-
135x5
225x5
315x3
365x3
405x3
425x2

The power racks in the gyms here are REALLY high, so unfortunately the bands were already stretch at the top position. I hung a 25lb plate from 1 band and it stretched down to the bar, so I guess that the bands were holding 50lb even at the top. They were probably supporting 100-150lb at the bottom, but I can't be sure.

I LOVE reverse band work. I knew I would. I love it for the same reason I like gear. You can load up a retarded amount of weight and move it like a mutch lighter load. You LOOK like a badass, you feel like a badass, and no matter what anyone says, that shit matters.

I also love it because, just like chains, you don't really know how much weight you're moving. That eliminates all the mental blocks that come with certain numbers. You can just keep adding weight until it gets heavy, do some lifting, then move on from there.

speaking of nutrition, my diet has been shaky. I'm gaining weight, and although I'm getting stronger, I don't want to get fat again. I need to monitor it more, and there may be another cut coming after our upcoming christmas trip home (Our last trip home pushed me up over the 240 mark. That's not somewhere I want to be again). Hopefully next time I can use the knowledge and experience I have now to keep my strength (NO LOW CARB DIETS FOR ME!).

The goal at the moment is a 2xbodyweight raw squat. Whether that's 405 at 200lb or 465 at 230lb doesn't make a difference to me. I also want to get back to a 1.5xbodyweight bench, but that may be a more long-term process with everything I'm trying to deal with.

Speaking of upper body, here's session 2-

Incline press-
45x12
95x8
135x8
135x8
135x8

These hurt my shoulder a little. I couldn't feel connected to the bench the same way I've felt during flat bench. I really wanted to build a solid incline and military press, but it looks like they'll always lag well behind my bench.

Wide grip cable rows-
50x12
80x12
110x12
110x12
110x12

Lateral raise-
10x8
20x8
20x8
20x8

Opposing close grip pulldowns-
50x12
90x12
125x12
125x12
125x12

Just like last week, these gave me an INSANE pump on my upper/outer lats. To the point where it was quite painful. This is obviously a weakness for me. I've always prefered wide grip pullups, which doesn't stretch the out lat like this closer grip does. I need to keep doing these.

Smith machine inverted skull crushers-
Set the bar to a little over 1ft lower than my face, put my palms on the bar, then lowered myself towards the bar by bending only at the elbow.
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8

I'm going to feel my elbows later, and not in a good way, but that's what a good tricep isolation movement will do.

Single arm cable curls-
40x8
50x8
50x5
50x5
50x4

I should do more direct arm work. My arms are ok, but not what they could be both strength-wise and size-wise.

Last edited by Soldier; 12-11-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook