Uber Brawn
Points: 1,847, Level: 25 Points: 1,847, Level: 25 Points: 1,847, Level: 25
Activity: 82% Activity: 82% Activity: 82%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squat / Deadlift
Fav Supp: Motivation
My Mood: Happy
JumpmanRugs is a consistent contributorJumpmanRugs is a consistent contributorJumpmanRugs is a consistent contributorJumpmanRugs is a consistent contributorJumpmanRugs is a consistent contributorJumpmanRugs is a consistent contributorJumpmanRugs is a consistent contributorJumpmanRugs is a consistent contributorJumpmanRugs is a consistent contributorJumpmanRugs is a consistent contributorJumpmanRugs is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
No. There is no one way to do things. Some just reduce carbs, some rotate carbs, etc.

The body uses everything for energy. It's more about calories in/out as long as you're not a bloated, insulin sensitive, fat old 40-something sot with diabetes like me.

The biggest thing you should do is slowly back down your cals from maintenance. Start with 300 under and run that for 2 weeks. Try cutting out 75 grams of carbs per day.

Don't make a big jump down in calories. This is a mistake too many people make, and then they wonder why they feel so weak.
Thanks BTB! I really like what I'm doing with higher fat as I feel much fuller, and am much stronger!! It's going really well and I think I've found calories that work for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
With your activity level I'd stay away from strict low carb dieting. First just cut some calories and see how your respond. Save carb manipulation for the time when simple calorie cutting isn't getting you where you want anymore. 100g will probably be enough to keep you going, but I'd think that 150-200 would probably be better at this point.
I'm going to stick with around 150g, today I had 210 grams as I had a cheat meal (First in two weeks without cravings, proud of myself!) - I'm enjoying what I'm doing though and it appears to be going well!
JumpmanRugs is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook