LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 7,875, Level: 59 Points: 7,875, Level: 59 Points: 7,875, Level: 59
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
My Mood: Happy
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast
Default Simple Carbs?

So today I found these snack bars.
At first glance they looked ok so I bought 3, and had them throughout the day as a one off.

They had fruit, nuts, the type of stuff you find in those sort of things.
They claimed to have nothing dodgy in them, didn't want to take a chance on something that might flair my acne up.

When I had a look at the ingredients there was crisped rice in there that made up the foundation.
This would obviously be white rice, and a simple carb.

Iv'e never eaten simple carbs since I've been on this diet, however I've never really known why, from a weight lifting perspective that is (simple carbs as you'll know turn to sugar, and could make acne flair up so I always avoided it).

I'm just wondering what it is that makes complex carbs like brown rice, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread, and sweet potato,
better than simple carbs like white pasta, white rice, etc;

I already mentioned the sugar thing, But I'm pretty fuzzy on the subject other than that.

I could go online and look it up, but really that never gets me anywhere and I end up misinformed.
The only people Iv'e come to trust is you guys.

So whats the deal with this?

Are simple carbs really that bad for weight lifters? Is it a misconception?
Is it a bad macro nutrient for lifter?

Cheers

- Linden
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links