CountryFriedMuscle
CountryFriedMuscle
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,685, Level: 23 Points: 1,685, Level: 23 Points: 1,685, Level: 23
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Log Press
CountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributor

I am hardly a good bencher, but what i have found helps me the most is a combination of two things: volume and pauses.

When I train my bench press, I pause every single rep of every set, no questions asked. Often on lighter/earlier sets, I will pause for several seconds; same with backoff sets. I think if you are going to be forced to pause in competition, might as well get comfortable down there.

I also am a big fan of volume for pressing movements, I believe they respond quite well to it. Look at what was common in the 70's. Guys would bench, and then just do a bunch of rep sets with different grips (close grip, wide grip, etc).
CountryFriedMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook