View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #11
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,541,987, Level: 100 Points: 1,541,987, Level: 100 Points: 1,541,987, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

First video...overall the form looks very good. Your feet are pointed out pretty far for a conventional stance squat. They look outside your knee angle and this could be causing some added hip stress.

Second video...your form looked atrocious. (Don't take that personally, I know you are trying your best) You were forcing the hips back and almost doing a good morning. Your knees are not opening as you try to hit depth. This is a very unnatural and dangerous way to squat.

First video was excellent. Your hips go back naturally, and your knees flower naturally. You aren't looking down nor forcing anything. The only thing I would watch is foot angle, make sure it is in line with knee angle.

Second video you are looking down, head is way forward, hips way back, bad leverages, clunky, unnatural, can't hit depth, knees not naturally opening. It looks like you are trying to squat differently because of the low bar position. Don't do this.

High bar, low bar, whatever...just don't overthink things. Your second squat is what I call "form locked" from watching too many videos and listening to too many gurus.

Squat like you do in the first video, regardless of bar position. Use the bar position that feels best.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-19-2013 at 01:48 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links