View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #10
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,543,813, Level: 100 Points: 1,543,813, Level: 100 Points: 1,543,813, Level: 100
Activity: 53% Activity: 53% Activity: 53%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

75% of the videos I see, the hand that is palm up is still bent and contracting when the pull is initiated.

This is not only inherently dangerous, but it also means you are starting the pull with your head lower to the ground, possibly more out over the bar,and possible with hit and miss hip position.

I see guts still beast the bar up, but I am not sold that they are lifting more than they could with a precise start.

If a lifter uses it, they better know what to watch for regarding bent arms, bad hips and head position. Most don't. Therefor I don't think anyone but experienced pullers should do it.

If you can't analyze your mistakes, you need to master basic pulling first.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-18-2013 at 10:20 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook